Team Leader - Enterprise IT Infrastructure
Tweed Heads Administration Office
PLEASE NOTE REVISED CLOSING DATE
This newly created senior leadership role will lead our Network and Computer Infrastructure teams to deliver:
- cohesive high quality service to customers,
- facilitate and forge partnerships throughout council and help solve problems/issue
- implement and improve systems processes through automation, streamlining and integration while improving user experience.
About the role:
The position is responsible for:
- IT Infrastructure (physical and logical domain) architecture and delivering a reliable, modern and high performing infrastructure environment for Council.
- Data Centre, cloud based IT infrastructure, network, applications desktop environment and standard operating environment, end user mobile devices, communications/voice, CCTV and online resources, while implementing the appropriate measures to secure and protect the integrity of all IT computer infrastructure.
- Contracts and Vendor (20+) Management & Negotiations
What's on offer:
- a base salary ranging from $106,847 per annum with competency-based increments up to $118, 802 per annum, plus 10.5% super
- 35 hour week, 9 day fortnight
- training and development opportunities
- flexible work options for a healthy work/life balance
- generous employment conditions (we have too many to list - click here for more).
We are seeking:
- A demonstrated leader able to motivate, support, develop and manage a highly skilled team
- Demonstrated experience in setting clear goals, standards and expectations to ensure the delivery of outcomes and behaviours.
- Ability to apply contemporary IT best practice, including promoting change and innovation.
- Significant experience with large-scale organisational change.
- Excellent analytical, conceptual thinking and problem solving skills with demonstrated ability to drive the development of future business and data management process models.
- Located on the picturesque far North Coast of NSW, bordering the Gold Coast.
- The Tweed is a vibrant, diverse location offering a lifestyle near the water, in a rainforest or on a farm.
- Tweed Shire Council is committed to employment equity and diversity and encourages applications from people of all ages, abilities and backgrounds in both traditional and non-traditional roles.
- Join an employer of choice. Professionals Australia (Local Government Engineers’ Association) has named Council the 2021 Employer of Choice for our great employment practices within NSW local government.
Where it's located:
This position is based at the Tweed Heads Administration Office, and can be directed to work from any Council work site.
Friday 3 December 2022 at 12 noon sharp (NSW time). Late applications will not be permitted.
Tweed Shire Council conducts pre-employment assessments as part of its recruitment process.
Job offers are not made until screening has been completed. Tweed Shire Council uses third-party providers to undertake:
- Pre-employment medical – some roles require a functional (physical) assessment, and all positions are subject to drug and alcohol screening (a positive test result means the recruitment process ends and your application will not be considered).
- Background screening - verifies that the information you have provided throughout the recruitment process is true and correct. Click here for more information.
Reference Checks are undertaken by the panel. Your 2 referees should ideally be your current and most recent supervisors. Your referees are not contacted unless you’ve been interviewed and are a preferred candidate.
How To Apply:
You must use your own email address, and not one used previously by another person that has applied for a position with council.
Once you start your online application, you cannot save and return to it later.
You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document. You can then COPY and PASTE your answers from Word into the below fields:
- Have your Resume document ready to go.
- Fill out all questions below. Click 'Next'. For tips on how to address the selection criteria, click here
- You'll then be prompted to attach your resume and other documents (if applicable). Click 'Next'.
- Review your application to confirm everything is correct. Click 'Confirm' to submit your application.
If you'd like to COPY and PASTE selection criteria fields into a separate Word document to work on over time, please find them listed below:
1. Demonstrated extensive industry experience in at least one of the following:
a. Development and execution of IT Infrastructure strategies and associated roadmaps.
b. Networking and Computer Infrastructure architecture, design and delivery management.
c. Cyber Security enterprise solutions and Policies.
2. Strong leadership skills and proven ability to build a high performance team with demonstrated ability to lead and manage a team and its functions to achieve outcomes that address current challenges for the Council and its commitments to the community.
3. Solution focussed with demonstrated experience in setting clear goals, standards and expectations and is accountable for the delivery of outcomes and behaviours.
4. Demonstrated skills and knowledge in contemporary IT management practices, staff management and development, performance management, change management and quality management systems.
5. Significant experience with large-scale organisational change efforts and demonstrated capability developing change management deliverables including impact statements, change management strategies, stakeholder analysis, communication plans, training plans and sponsor roadmaps
6. Excellent analytical, conceptual thinking and problem solving skills with demonstrated ability to drive the development of future business and data management process models and ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
7. Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of SLAs (Service Level Agreements) and methods of negotiating, monitoring and evaluating their performance
8. Superior customer service skills, with the capability to inspire and support innovative thinking
9. Strong interpersonal communication skills including oral and written, negotiation, collaboration and exceptional stakeholder management skills.
10. Experience in vendor management and contract management and negotiation
11. Current Vehicle Licence – Car.
1. Degree in Information Technology, Computing Science or related discipline along with demonstrated experience working in a similar role.
2. Local Government knowledge and working experience
3. Knowledge in Networking/Communications and IT Computer Infrastructure portfolio management
4. Experience in Cloud computing, IOT and Scada networks
OFFICE USE ONLY