Technical Officer - Exhibitions and Collections - Art Gallery Permanent part-time
This part-time position assists the Curator Margaret Olley Art Centre & Collection Manager, and the Curator Exhibitions in supporting the delivery and maintenance of the install and de-install of the Tweed Regional Gallery's exhibitions and displays. This includes the mounting of works and framing in preparation for exhibitions and data entry in CMS software, in relation to the Tweed Regional Gallery collection.
What's on offer:
- An attractive base salary ranging from $28.19 per hour with competency based increments up to $32.30 per hour, plus 9.5% super.
- Core hours 28 per week: Monday to Thursday 9.00am to 4.45pm.
- Training and development opportunities.
- Flexible work options for a healthy work/life balance.
- Generous employment conditions (we have too many to list - click here for more).
We are seeking:
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical and physical expertise in the installation and de-installation of exhibitions across all media.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of gallery practices including object care and handling, packing and movement of artworks, preparation of artwork for exhibition, appropriate display techniques and conservation principles.
- Ability to deliver appropriate exhibition lighting with LED systems, and installation and artwork photography.
- Ability to work in physically demanding situations, including heavy lifting and working at heights.
- Flexibility to work out of hours where required.
Where it's located:
This position is based in Murwillumbah at the Tweed Regional Gallery & Margaret Olley Art Centre, and can be directed to work from any Council work site.
Friday 16 November 2018 at 12 noon sharp (NSW time). Late applications will not be permitted.
How To Apply
PLEASE NOTE: ONCE YOU START YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION, YOU CANNOT SAVE AND RETURN TO IT LATER. YOU MUST USE YOUR OWN EMAIL ADDRESS, AND NOT ONE USED PREVIOUSLY BY ANOTHER PERSON THAT HAS APPLIED FOR A POSITION WITH COUNCIL.
You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document. You can then COPY and PASTE your answers from Word into the below fields.
- Have your Resume document ready to go.
- Fill out all questions below. Click 'Next'. For tips on how to address selection criteria, click here.
- You'll then be prompted to attach your resume and other documents (if applicable). Click 'Next'.
- Review your application to confirm everything is correct. Click 'Confirm' to submit your application.
If you'd like to COPY and PASTE selection criteria fields into a separate Word document to work on over time, please find them listed below:
- Certification in Museum Studies, Visual/Fine Arts or relevant trade qualification
- Extensive demonstrated experience in the installation and de-installation of exhibitions in a gallery environment.
- Demonstrated experience with the utilisation of a broad range of specialist exhibition equipment and display methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to professionally light exhibitions and to work with LED lighting systems.
- Demonstrated ability in artwork handling, exhibition packing, unpacking and condition reporting.
- Demonstrated experience in the photographic documentation of art works and photographing exhibitions to comply with contractual obligations.
- Demonstrated experience in the area of Collection Management including data entry in CMS software, mounting of works and framing.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a small multi-disciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to work with limited supervision and direct the activities of others.
- Physical capacity to perform the duties of the position.
- Demonstrated understanding of and application of Work Health and Safety principles and practices.
- Current Class C Drivers’ Licence.
- Demonstrated experience in the supervision of a Gallery installation crew.
- Sound knowledge of collection management principles including cataloguing, conservation and storage.
- Experience in a local government environment.
- First Aid experience.