As Pump Fitter, you will undertake the installation, maintenance, repair and upgrade of water supply and sewerage facilities, pumping equipment, fixed plant and mechanical equipment. This equipment is located at numerous treatment plants, pumping stations, reservoirs, and along the water and sewer networks across the Shire.
You will also experience variety by providing mechanical and fitting services to other sections of Council.
The position is required to be part of a “24 hour On Call roster”, to provide emergency response to mechanical breakdown of critical water supply and sewerage plant and equipment. To achieve this you must reside close enough to minimise response times to a maximum of 30 minutes.
What's on offer:
- An attractive base salary ranging from $1,046.22 per week with competency based increments up to $1,198.68 per week, plus 9.5% super
- 76 hour, 9 day fortnight
- Training and development opportunities.
- Flexible work options for a healthy work/life balance.
- Generous employment conditions (we have too many to list - click here for more).
We are seeking:
- A Trade Certificate in Fitting and Machining or a Mechanical field.
- A current Drivers Licence Class C or equivalent (MR license desirable).
- Ability to supervise staff, to work unsupervised and to assess and plan works.
- Ability to work in Confined Spaces, unhygienic and potentially high risk environments.
Where it's located:
This position is based in Chinderah Mechanical and Electrical Facility, and can be directed to work from any Council work site.
Friday 29 March at 12 noon sharp (NSW time). Late applications will not be permitted.
How To Apply
PLEASE NOTE: ONCE YOU START YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION, YOU CANNOT SAVE AND RETURN TO IT LATER. YOU MUST USE YOUR OWN EMAIL ADDRESS, AND NOT ONE USED PREVIOUSLY BY ANOTHER PERSON THAT HAS APPLIED FOR A POSITION WITH COUNCIL.
You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document. You can then COPY and PASTE your answers from Word into the below fields.
- Have your Resume document ready to go.
- Fill out all questions below. Click 'Next'. For tips on how to address selection criteria, click here.
- You'll then be prompted to attach your resume and other documents (if applicable). Click 'Next'.
- Review your application to confirm everything is correct. Click 'Confirm' to submit your application.
If you'd like to COPY and PASTE selection criteria fields into a separate Word document to work on over time, please find them listed below:
- Demonstrated ability to meet the requirements of 24 hour “on call” emergency response service including the ability to be contacted outside of normal hours and be able to respond to emergency work within times specified by Council policies.
- A level of literacy and numeracy to ensure reading of job instructions, operation and maintenance manuals and to complete and maintain work records and reports.
- Eligible to Hold a Trade Certificate in the field of Fitting and Machining or Mechanical field.
- Hold a current NSW Drivers Licence Class C or equivalent.
- Demonstrated knowledge of workplace safety procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise staff, to work unsupervised and to assess and plan works.
- Demonstrated ability to work in Confined Spaces, unhygienic and potentially high risk environments.
- Ability to communicate with Supervisors and Engineers to convey problem solving technical suggestions.
- Ability to develop technical skills across a broad range of equipment and associated processes.
- WorkCover OHS Induction Training for Construction Work.
- Hold a current Confined Space Entry Certificate.
- Hold a current Electrical Disconnect/Reconnect Certificate.
- Hold a current MR Licence.
- Hold a current Dogman Certificate.
- Hold a Crane Operators Certificate.
- Hold a current Crane and Plant Electrical Safety Certificate.
- Hold a current First Aid certificate.
- Basic welding skills, oxygen/acetylene, electric arc, MIG and brazing.
- Developed Metal fabrication and precision machining skills.
- Basic knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic operations.
- Demonstrated experience in the maintenance and repairs of pumping and associated equipment, pie work and fittings.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Water Supply and Sewerage Systems.
- Basic computer skills and understanding of Maintenance, Telemetry and SCADA systems.
OFFICE USE ONLY
|Unit||Water & Wastewater|