Town Planner (Contract)
Our Development Assessment team is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Town Planner to assist with the development application process managed by our Unit; including recommending the application for approval/refusal and associated follow up processes.
This is a maximum-term placement until 13 May 2020, back-filling a staff member on parental leave.
What's on offer:
- An attractive base salary ranging from $81,430 per annum with competency based increments up to $93,718 per annum, plus 9.5% super
- 70 hour, 9 day fortnight
- Training and development opportunities.
- Flexible work options for a healthy work/life balance.
- Generous employment conditions (we have too many to list - click here for more).
We are seeking:
- Degree or Post-Graduate Town Planning qualifications
- Demonstrated high level competence and experience in the assessment of development applications whilst working within a government framework
- Demonstrated understanding of the assessment of development applications.
Where it's located:
This position is based in Murwillumbah, and can be directed to work from any Council work site.
Friday 29 March at 12 noon sharp (NSW time). Late applications will not be permitted.
How To Apply
PLEASE NOTE: ONCE YOU START YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION, YOU CANNOT SAVE AND RETURN TO IT LATER. YOU MUST USE YOUR OWN EMAIL ADDRESS, AND NOT ONE USED PREVIOUSLY BY ANOTHER PERSON THAT HAS APPLIED FOR A POSITION WITH COUNCIL.
You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document. You can then COPY and PASTE your answers from Word into the below fields.
- Have your Resume document ready to go.
- Fill out all questions below. Click 'Next'. For tips on how to address selection criteria, click here.
- You'll then be prompted to attach your resume and other documents (if applicable). Click 'Next'.
- Review your application to confirm everything is correct. Click 'Confirm' to submit your application.
If you'd like to COPY and PASTE selection criteria fields into a separate Word document to work on over time, please find them listed below:
- Degree or Post-Graduate Town Planning qualifications.
- Eligible for membership of Planning Institute of Australia.
- Demonstrated high level competence in the processing of development applications within a local government framework.
- Demonstrated experience in LEP and DCP preparation.
- Demonstrated capacity to supervise staff.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of NSW planning legislation and regulation.
- Demonstrated capacity to deal with sensitive development and planning matters.
- Eligible to hold a current NSW Drivers Licence.