Fixed-term contract until January 2020.
The Records Officer role will require your sound knowledge and experience in Records Management principles and practices within a corporate business environment.
We are looking for a positive self-motivated person who will provide records and information management support to Council, in the collection, maintenance, storage and distribution of records and information in a timely and accurate manner.
What's on offer:
- An attractive base salary ranging from $26.79 per hour with competency based increments up to $30.61 per hour, plus 9.5% super
- 33 hours per week
- Training and development opportunities
- Flexible work options for a healthy work/life balance
- Generous employment conditions (we have too many to list - click here for more).
We are seeking:
- Demonstrated understanding and experience in Records Management principles and practices within a corporate business environment
- Knowledge & understanding of the State Records Act and the General Authority (GA39) relating to the retention and disposal of public records
- Demonstrated competence using computer technology to access relevant information, retrieval and data entry
- Good interpersonal skills.
Where it's located:
This position is based in Murwillumbah, and can be directed to work from any Council work site.
Friday 26 April at 12 noon sharp (NSW time). Late applications will not be permitted.
Tweed Shire Council conducts pre-employment assessments as part of its recruitment process. Click here for more information.
How To Apply
PLEASE NOTE: ONCE YOU START YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION, YOU CANNOT SAVE AND RETURN TO IT LATER. YOU MUST USE YOUR OWN EMAIL ADDRESS, AND NOT ONE USED PREVIOUSLY BY ANOTHER PERSON THAT HAS APPLIED FOR A POSITION WITH COUNCIL.
You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document. You can then COPY and PASTE your answers from Word into the below fields.
- Have your Resume document ready to go.
- Fill out all questions below. Click 'Next'. For tips on how to address selection criteria, click here.
- You'll then be prompted to attach your resume and other documents (if applicable). Click 'Next'.
- Review your application to confirm everything is correct. Click 'Confirm' to submit your application.
If you'd like to COPY and PASTE selection criteria fields into a separate Word document to work on over time, please find them listed below:
- Demonstrated understanding and experience in Records Management principles and practices within a corporate business environment.
- Demonstrated literacy, numeracy and general education at a level usually associated with completion of Year 12 or equivalent education.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Knowledge & understanding of the State Records Act and the General Authority (GA39) relating to the retention and disposal of public records.
- Competence using computerised Records Management software to access relevant information to distribute corporate email & faxes.
- Demonstrated well developed written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work as an effective team member, plan work activities and coordinate resources for their own work.
- Demonstrated knowledge of WH&S principles in an office environment.
- Possess current C Class Drivers Licence valid in NSW.
- Demonstrated competence using computer technology to access relevant information, retrieval and data entry.
- Completed Level IV certification in Records Management.
- A working knowledge of the following Corporate Business Systems:
- TechnologyOne (formerly Proclaim) Property & Rating
OFFICE USE ONLY
|Publish LI||#LI DNI|