Senior Strategic Planner
The role of Senior Strategic Planner requiring an excellent communicator with extensive experience and expert knowledge in urban design and planning. The successful candidate will use highly effective techniques in project portfolio management and project management to ensure the sustained and efficient delivery of the Unit’s core business services.
The role is part of the unit which provides a major part of the planning policy framework for the future management of the Tweed for use not only by our Planning Development Division and Tweed Shire Council in general.
About the role:
- Work demand for strategic planning services is very high and reflective of the high growth pressures facing the Tweed. This brings with it diversity in the work it also elevates the necessity for a clear and effective approach to work and program management and prioritisation
- Provides strong leadership and supervision to other staff
- Diversity - covering a broad range of urban and rural issues, which draws divergent community views and can be highly politicised
- Provide professional input in the preparation of planning strategies, studies, reviews and development control policies.
What's on offer:
- An attractive base salary ranging from $102,698 per annum with performance based increments up to $114,188 per annum, plus 9.5% super
- 70 hour, 9 day fortnight
- Vehicle lease back option
- Training and development opportunities.
- Flexible work options for a healthy work/life balance.
- Generous employment conditions (we have too many to list - click here for more).
We are seeking:
- Degree level qualifications in town, urban, regional or environmental planning
- Experience in project management and public consultation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including meeting presentations.
Where it's located:
This position is based in Murwillumbah, and can be directed to work from any Council work site.
Friday 14 May 2021 at 12 noon sharp (NSW time). Late applications will not be permitted.
Tweed Shire Council conducts pre-employment assessments as part of its recruitment process. Click here for more information.
How To Apply
Please note: You must use your own email address, and not one used previously by another person that has applied for a position with council.
Once you start your online application, you cannot save and return to it later.
You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document. You can then COPY and PASTE your answers from Word into the below fields.
- Have your Resume document ready to go.
- Fill out all questions below. Click 'Next'. For tips on how to address selection criteria, click here.
- You'll then be prompted to attach your resume and other documents (if applicable). Click 'Next'.
- Review your application to confirm everything is correct. Click 'Confirm' to submit your application.
If you'd like to COPY and PASTE selection criteria fields into a separate Word document to work on over time, please find them listed below:
- Degree level qualification in urban / environmental (town) planning.
- Demonstrated experience within a strategic town planning role.
- Extensive experience in public / stakeholder engagement and consultation.
- Demonstrated experience in policy development.
- Demonstrated high level oral and written communication skills, including meeting presentations.
- Demonstrated negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated competence in supervising staff.
- Eligible to hold a ’C’ Class Driver Licence.
- Experience within a local government environment.
- Experience in or demonstrated knowledge of the NSW planning system.
- Passion for strategic town planning.
OFFICE USE ONLY
|Unit||Strategic Planning and Urban Design|