Senior Business Systems Administrator
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated professional to successfully implement and administer the Council's core business applications. In this client-facing role, you will join a team responsible for working directly with staff and software suppliers to ensure the successful resolution of functional and technical issues, product upgrades, maintenance and enhancements of our systems. An ability to work positively with staff across all levels of the organisation is critical.
About the role:
- Motivate and interact with staff at all levels, gaining cooperation and assistance for the successful implementation and administration of our core business applications
- Facilitates the coordination between clients and software suppliers for the successful resolution of functional issues
- Continue to use modern business principles and techniques associated with database administration, particularly in the SQL environment, mobility solutions and collaboration applications such as MS Teams
- Oversee requests register to ensure issues are resolved.
- Provide IT support to users through systems problem solving and maintenance
- Develop and Maintain Documentation related to Standard Operations Procedures
- Ensure that established procedures and standards are adhered to, and continuous business systems processes improvement
- Collaborate with other team members to improve the overall performance delivered to our staff
- End-to-end delivery of applications including associated application integration and management of communication to stakeholders.
What's on offer:
- An attractive base salary ranging from $86,412 per annum with competency-based increments up to $99,451 per annum, plus 10% super
- Maximum term contract up to 2 years with the possibility of a 1-year extension subject to organisational needs
- Training and development opportunities.
- Flexible work options for a healthy work/life balance.
- Generous employment conditions (we have too many to list - click here for more).
We are seeking:
- Degree in Information Technology, Computing Science, or related discipline
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the field of customer service relating to Information Technology
- Knowledge of Technology One's Property and Rating, Ci Financials, ECM Information Management and iChris HR and Payroll business applications
- Ability to interact positively and proactively with staff at all levels
- A high level of personal ethics and trust and maintaining confidentiality.
Where it's located:
This position is based in Murwillumbah and can be directed to work from any Council work site.
Friday 30 July 2021 at 12 noon sharp (NSW time). Late applications will not be permitted.
We actively encourage applications from all candidates, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, the LGBTQI community, and people with disabilities.
Tweed Shire Council conducts pre-employment assessments as part of its recruitment process. Click here for more information.
How To Apply
You must use your own email address, and not one used previously by another person that has applied for a position with the council.
Once you start your online application, you cannot save and return to it later.
You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document. You can then COPY and PASTE your answers from Word into the below fields.
- Have your Resume document ready to go.
- Fill out all questions below. Click 'Next'.
- You'll then be prompted to attach your resume and other documents (if applicable). Click 'Next'.
- Review your application to confirm everything is correct. Click 'Confirm' to submit your application.
If you'd like to COPY and PASTE selection criteria fields into a separate Word document to work on over time, please find them listed below:
Knowledge and Competence: (to be addressed in full when making application)
- Degree in Information Technology, Computing Science, or related discipline, or demonstrated extensive industry experience as the primary officer responsible for administering local government core applications.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the field of customer service relating to Information Technology.
- Demonstrated experience in the field of Information Technology with extensive knowledge of database technologies.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in providing technical advice in software applications including:
• Ability to be innovative and think strategically and laterally
• Proven delivery of innovative and creative solutions that provide positive business benefits
• Ability to analyse user requirements and participate in the development and enhancement of software applications
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in applications administration and support including:
• Ability to use standard query languages to interrogate a variety of data stores.
• Ability to perform at an advanced level.
• Ability to recognise and promote efficiency gains and business process improvements through embracing new technologies or enhancements to existing business systems
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in project management including:
• A strong service ethos with good project management and stakeholder management skills.
• Ability to successfully collect, analyse and present information in a usable format.
• Ability to clearly communicate ideas and information.
• Ability to plan and organise activities.
• Ability to work with others in teams.
• Ability to solve complex problems.
• Ability to provide innovative use of technology.
• Ability to implement and use project management tools and resources.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in a Local Government environment.
- Demonstrated experience with a range of Technology One and or iChris applications.
- Knowledge of GIS applications and the benefits of integration to other core applications.
OFFICE USE ONLY
|Industry||Information Technology and Services|
|Employment Type||Full Time|