Project Manager and Business Analyst
Re-advertised - Previous applicants need not apply.
This maximum-term contract will see you manage the successful delivery of our IT projects, to ensure project outcomes are achieved and enterprise solutions are delivered that are responsive to Council's stakeholders needs.
About the role:
- Manage and implement new IT projects across the organisation
- Analyse, improve and streamline processes, and produce process maps
- Provide project management and business analysis for system enhancements across the organisation
- Develop processes and procedures for efficient and reliable delivery of Corporate Business Systems
- Oversee in the implementation of user-friendly IT systems and training
- Provide expert advice and strategic input into the development of IT projects to ensure they meet standards, user needs and budget allocation
- Carry out modern best practices such as change management.
What's on offer:
- An attractive base salary ranging from $104,752 per annum with performance based increments up to $116,472 per annum, plus 10% super
- 12 month maximum-term placement
- 70 hour, 9 day fortnight
- Training and development opportunities
- Flexible work options for a healthy work/life balance
- Generous employment conditions (we have too many to list - click here for more).
We are seeking:
- Degree qualification in relevant discipline and demonstrated experience, or, demonstrated extensive industry experience in IT Project Management
- IT Project Management experience at a senior level with the ability to manage multidisciplinary projects
- High level analytical, research and customer service skills
- Knowledge of Systems Life Cycle Development and Agile
- Experience in development methodologies, e-business technologies and applications, relational database development
- High level of oral and written communication skills, including writing business and technical documentation
- Interpersonal and presentation skills.
Where it's located:
This position is based in Murwillumbah, and can be directed to work from any Council work site.
Friday 06 August 2021 at 12 noon sharp (NSW time). Late applications will not be permitted.
We actively encourage applications from all candidates, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, the LGBTQI community, and people with disabilities.
Tweed Shire Council conducts pre-employment assessments as part of its recruitment process. Click here for more information.
How To Apply
You must use your own email address, and not one used previously by another person that has applied for a position with council.
Once you start your online application, you cannot save and return to it later.
You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document. You can then COPY and PASTE your answers from Word into the below fields.
- Have your Resume document ready to go.
- Fill out all questions below. Click 'Next'. For tips on how to address selection criteria, click here.
- You'll then be prompted to attach your resume and other documents (if applicable). Click 'Next'.
- Review your application to confirm everything is correct. Click 'Confirm' to submit your application.
If you'd like to COPY and PASTE selection criteria fields into a separate Word document to work on over time, please find them listed below:
- Degree in Information Technology, Computing Science, IT Project Management or related discipline along with demonstrated experience working in a similar role.
Demonstrated extensive industry experience in IT Project Management
- Demonstrated IT Project Management experience at a senior level with the ability to manage multidisciplinary projects simultaneously with a track record of on-time and within budget project delivery.
- Demonstrated and proven knowledge and experience in leading IT Projects in a substantial IT and business environment with hands-on experience managing applications development projects throughout the systems development lifecycle and/or Agile methodology.
- Demonstrated experience in development methodologies, e-business technologies and applications, relational database development and management, programming tools and techniques; with demonstrated knowledge and application of Object Oriented methodologies and Systems Life Cycle, according to best practice standards, including knowledge of AS 3901/ISO 9001 standards, with practical knowledge of workflow and Business Processes (re)design.
- Extensive technical and practical experience in IT, including knowledge of business process re-engineering, business change management and process improvement implementation techniques.
- Demonstrated understanding of current industry trends, best practice and priorities relating to IT; and ability to research, develop, implement, monitor and evaluate a range of options related to service and management of processes and systems
- High level oral and written communication skills including client liaison and conflict resolution, including the ability to verbally communicate clearly and effectively as well as proven ability to write appropriate and accurate documentation, memos and reports.
- Demonstrated competence in managing multiple priorities to meet project and program management deadlines; with demonstrated high-level analytical skills and the ability to make recommendations based on the analysis of business requirements and needs.
- Strong commitment to high standards of client service and a professional approach to work and the ability to adapt to clients and colleagues needs.
- Current Vehicle Licence – Car.
- Demonstrated experience in Local Government business processes and applications; computer systems and cloud-based applications.
- ITIL 4 Foundation.
OFFICE USE ONLY