Leading Hand - Resource Recovery
Stott's Creek Resource Recovery Centre
The Leading Hand - Resource Recovery is responsible for the daily onsite reuse operations and supervision of the tip shop. This role will require your broad skill set to ensure retrieved items for reuse are displayed and available to be sold with the purpose to drive the diversion of waste through sales of recovered items destined for landfill.
Please note amendment to hours of work this is a maximum-term, part-time role.
About the role:
- Reports to the Resource Recovery Supervisor Waste Management
- Manage staff and coordinate the daily activities of Council’s tip shop at the Tweed Recycling and Landfill Centre
- Manage onsite functions associated with the recovery and sale of goods at the tip shop
- Responsible for the daily onsite reuse operations and supervision of the tip shop with the purpose to drive the diversion of waste through sales
- Delivers a high levels of customer service and maintain the shops operations to generate income and productivity
- Requires well developed communication and problem solving skills
- Busy work environment, responsive to customer demands and requires regular adjustment of priorities and activities.
- Ensures procedures outlined in the Construction Safety Act and Work Health and Safety Act are followed to ensure the safety of the general public and other workers.
This position is subject to the current NSW Government COVID-19 roadmap, and the successful candidate will be required to comply with the Public Health Order which includes the requirement that you have received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine or produce an approved form of medical contraindication certificate.
What's on offer:
- An attractive base salary ranging from $29.21 per hour with competency based increments up to $33.47 per hour, plus 10% super
- Up to 3 year maximum-term placement
- 32.75 hours per week, Tuesday to Friday 8.00am until 3.15pm, Saturday 9.00am until 3.15pm. Hours outside of ordinary hours will be remunerated as per Award.
- Training and development opportunities
- Flexible work options for a healthy work/life balance
- Generous employment conditions (we have too many to list - click here for more).
We are seeking:
- Can do attitude, with the ability to multitask
- Great customer service skills, with an ability to communicate effectively with residents and internal staff
- Experience in the operation of Council plant.
Where it's located:
This position is based in Stott's Creek Resources Recovery Centre (Eviron), and can be directed to work from any Council work site.
Friday 22 October 2021 at 12 noon sharp (NSW time). Late applications will not be permitted.
Tweed Shire Council conducts pre-employment assessments as part of its recruitment process. Click here for more information.
How To Apply
You must use your own email address, and not one used previously by another person that has applied for a position with council.
Once you start your online application, you cannot save and return to it later.
You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document. You can then COPY and PASTE your answers from Word into the below fields.
- Have your Resume document ready to go.
- Fill out all questions below. Click 'Next'.
- You'll then be prompted to attach your resume and other documents (if applicable). Click 'Next'.
- Review your application to confirm everything is correct. Click 'Confirm' to submit your application.
If you'd like to COPY and PASTE selection criteria fields into a separate Word document to work on over time, please find them listed below:
1. Hold a current Drivers Licence - Car.
2. Demonstrated supervisory experience in the leading of small teams in a retail environment including organising and overseeing a Point of Sale area.
3. Demonstrated understanding of retail operations e.g. arranging goods offered for sale, methods of operation, pricing and marketing, cleaning and maintenance, staff training, developing operating procedures etc.
4. Demonstrated experience in development of budgets and the monitoring of monthly and annual income and expenditure budgets.
5. Demonstrated ability to assist in the preparation of marketing, promotional plans and activities.
6. Demonstrated high level oral communication skills.
7. Demonstrated competence in appropriate record keeping and report writing.
8. Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills, relating to both internal and external parties.
9. Demonstrated experience and ability to deal effectively with difficult people and situations.
10. Forklift Ticket.
11. General Construction Induction Card (White Card).
OFFICE USE ONLY