Regeneration Assistant - Riparian Projects
We are seeking a full-time Regeneration Assistant to join our Sustainability and Environment team. Council's Natural Area Rehabilitation program is focused on increasing the extent and quality of native vegetation in areas adjacent to the coast and waterways. Projects include within our estuaries to upper catchment rainforest streams and the coastal dunes.
The successful candidate will possess a commitment to the conservation of the areas flora and fauna, and be prepared to gain skills and experience in the management of natural areas.
About the role:
• Assist to establish and maintain natural area revegetation and regeneration sites throughout Tweed Shire
• Undertake maintenance and other duties as required in Council's riparian projects nursery
• Undertake construction and maintenance of coastal and waterways infrastructure.
What's on offer:
- An attractive base salary ranging from $946.40 per week with competency based increments up to $1,072.59 per week, plus 10% super
- 38 hour week, 9 day fortnight
- Training and development opportunities
- Flexible work options for a healthy work/life balance
- Generous employment conditions (we have too many to list - click here for more).
We are seeking:
- Minimum TAFE Certificate 3 in Conservation and Land Management (or similar qualification)
- Vehicle and Boat Licences
- Experience in light constructions, and operation of light machinery and tools
- Competency in the use of herbicides
- Passion for the environment.
- Candidates will be advised of the outcome of their application by mid-December
- Shortlisted candidates will be interviews after 10 January 2022.
Where it's located:
This position is based in Murwillumbah, and can be directed to work from any Council work site.
Friday 26 November 2021 at 12 noon sharp (NSW time). Late applications will not be permitted.
Tweed Shire Council conducts pre-employment assessments as part of its recruitment process. Click here for more information.
How To Apply
You must use your own email address, and not one used previously by another person that has applied for a position with council.
Once you start your online application, you cannot save and return to it later.
You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document. You can then COPY and PASTE your answers from Word into the below fields.
- Have your Resume document ready to go.
- Fill out all questions below. Click 'Next'. For tips on how to address the selection criteria, click here
- You'll then be prompted to attach your resume and other documents (if applicable). Click 'Next'.
- Review your application to confirm everything is correct. Click 'Confirm' to submit your application.
If you'd like to COPY and PASTE selection criteria fields into a separate Word document to work on over time, please find them listed below:
1. Hold a TAFE Certificate 3 in Conservation and Land Management.
2. Hold a Current Vehicle Licence – Car or Light Rigid or Medium Rigid or Heavy Rigid or Heavy Combination.
3. Hold a NSW Boat Drivers Licence.
4. Hold a chemical user accreditation.
5. Demonstrated experience in regeneration/revegetation work.
6. Demonstrated knowledge of native plants and environmental weed species.
7. Demonstrated experience in light construction, e.g. Fencing, tracks etc.
8. Demonstrated knowledge of safe work practices related to natural area regeneration work.
9. Demonstrated competence in provision of quality customer service.
10. Demonstrated competence in operation of brush-cutters, chainsaws and hand tools.
11. Demonstrated competence in the safe use of herbicides.
12. General Construction Induction Card (White Card).
13. Interest in and commitment to improving the environmental management of Tweed Shires Bushland and Waterways.
OFFICE USE ONLY