We are seeking an enthusiastic and capable Administrative Officer to join Council's busy Contracts Section within our Engineering Division.
The position assists in a wide range of clerical and administrative functions to ensure that operational deadlines are met. Good communication skills are essential in order to pass on concise information on relevant contractual matters.
You will be responsible for the maintenance of Council's Contract Register, Contract Manager Database functions, process management and general administration.
What's on offer:
- An attractive base salary ranging from $1,047.37 per week with competency based increments up to $1,200.01 per week, plus 10% super
- 35 hour week, 9 day fortnight
- Training and development opportunities
- Flexible work options for a healthy work/life balance
- Generous employment conditions (we have too many to list - click here for more).
We are seeking:
- Minimum Certificate III in Business / Administration studies or relevant qualification.
- Knowledge of the role of Contract Administration and Management.
- Knowledge in the use of a Contract Management database and Contracts Register.
- Well developed written and communication skills and the capacity to work within a busy team environment.
- Competence in office administration and financial systems.
- Located on the picturesque far North Coast of NSW, bordering the Gold Coast.
- Tweed Heads is a vibrant, diverse location offering a lifestyle near the water, in a rainforest or on a farm.
- Tweed Shire Council is committed to employment equity and diversity and encourages applications from people of all ages, abilities and backgrounds in both traditional and non-traditional roles.
- Join an employer of choice. Professionals Australia (Local Government Engineers’ Association) has named Council the 2021 Employer of Choice for our great employment practices within NSW local government.
Where it's located:
This position is based in Murwillumbah, and can be directed to work from any Council work site.
Friday 20 May 2022 at 12 noon sharp (NSW time). Late applications will not be permitted.
Tweed Shire Council conducts pre-employment assessments as part of its recruitment process. Click here for more information.
How To Apply
You must use your own email address, and not one used previously by another person that has applied for a position with council.
Once you start your online application, you cannot save and return to it later.
You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document. You can then COPY and PASTE your answers from Word into the below fields.
- Have your Resume document ready to go.
- Fill out all questions below. Click 'Next'. For tips on how to address the selection criteria, click here
- You'll then be prompted to attach your resume and other documents (if applicable). Click 'Next'.
- Review your application to confirm everything is correct. Click 'Confirm' to submit your application.
If you'd like to COPY and PASTE selection criteria fields into a separate Word document to work on over time, please find them listed below:
1. Minimum Certificate III in Business / Administration studies or relevant discipline along with demonstrated knowledge and experience in an administrative support role.
2. Demonstrated knowledge of the role of Contract Administration and Management within an organisation.
3. Demonstrated knowledge in the use of a Contract Management database and Contracts Register.
4. Demonstrated knowledge of the requirements in the preparation of contract documentation and the tender process.
5. Demonstrated competence in general office administration, Microsoft Word, Excel and the use of purchasing software including raising purchase orders within allocated timeframes.
6. Demonstrated well developed written and communication skills and demonstrated capacity to work within a team environment.
OFFICE USE ONLY