Local Recovery Coordinator - Contract
This newly created position will be the primary contact with regard to Council's disaster recovery response to the February 2022 sever weather/flood event including the development and implementation of the local Recovery Action Plan, coordination of Council's Local Recovery Committee, recovery centres and communications with the Regional Recovery Committee.
The position will lead, coordinate and implement effective community disaster recovery initiatives that in turn increase community capacity to better prepare and respond to future disaster events.
What's on offer:
- An attractive base salary ranging from $117,769 per annum with competency based increments up to $130,862 per annum, plus 10% super
- Maximum term contract up to 2 years (reviewed after 12 months)
- 35 hour week, 9 day fortnight
- Training and development opportunities
- Flexible work options for a healthy work/life balance
- Generous employment conditions (we have too many to list - click here for more).
We are seeking:
- Degree qualifications in social science, management, community development, emergency management or similar.
- The ability to work in a complex, fast-paced and challenging environment to delivery short, medium and long-term results.
- Outstanding coordination and organising skills and the ability to maintain a strategic community capacity-building approach.
- Located on the picturesque far North Coast of NSW, bordering the Gold Coast.
- Tweed Heads is a vibrant, diverse location offering a lifestyle near the water, in a rainforest or on a farm.
- Tweed Shire Council is committed to employment equity and diversity and encourages applications from people of all ages, abilities and backgrounds in both traditional and non-traditional roles.
- Join an employer of choice. Professionals Australia (Local Government Engineers’ Association) has named Council the 2021 Employer of Choice for our great employment practices within NSW local government.
Where it's located:
This position is based in Murwillumbah, and can be directed to work from any Council work site.
Friday 20 May 2022 at 12 noon sharp (NSW time). Late applications will not be permitted.
Tweed Shire Council conducts pre-employment assessments as part of its recruitment process. Click here for more information.
How To Apply
You must use your own email address, and not one used previously by another person that has applied for a position with council.
Once you start your online application, you cannot save and return to it later.
You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document. You can then COPY and PASTE your answers from Word into the below fields.
- Have your Resume document ready to go.
- Fill out all questions below. Click 'Next'. For tips on how to address the selection criteria, click here
- You'll then be prompted to attach your resume and other documents (if applicable). Click 'Next'.
- Review your application to confirm everything is correct. Click 'Confirm' to submit your application.
If you'd like to COPY and PASTE selection criteria fields into a separate Word document to work on over time, please find them listed below:
1. Degree qualifications in social science, management, community development, emergency management or similar relevant qualifications
2. Demonstrated experience in a similar role
3. Demonstrated ability to engage with and influence internal and external stakeholders at various levels
4. Excellent organising and problem solving abilities
5. Experience coordinating projects in geographically dispersed communities
6. Understanding of the roles of local, state and federal government in disaster response, recovery and resilience
7. Experience in identifying and developing successful grant applications
8. Public speaking, facilitation and interpersonal skills
9. Proficiency in the use of technology, e.g. MS Office
10. Applied knowledge of the NSW emergency management framework
11. Demonstrated experience working within the NSW emergency management framework
OFFICE USE ONLY
|Unit||Sustainable Communities and Environment - Executive|
|Industry||Public Relations and Communications|