This role will carry out a full range of survey activities including cadastral, topographic, engineering and construction set out surveys. It's primarily field based and provides assistance to surveyors and survey technicians.
This is a permanent part-time position reporting to our Registered Surveyor, and form part of our surveying team.
- Preparation for field work.
- Assisting in survey activities.
- Basic survey observations and computations.
- Maintenance of survey equipment.
What's on offer:
- An attractive base salary ranging from $26.19 per hour with competency based increments up to $29.91 per hour, plus 10% super.
- From 8 hour per week up to a maximum 38 hours per week.
- Training and development opportunities.
- Flexible work options for a healthy work/life balance.
- Generous employment conditions (we have too many to list - click here for more).
We are seeking:
- Demonstrated basic knowledge of the duties involved in surveyors field work.
- Demonstrated basic knowledge of use of survey instruments and equipment.
- Physical and mobility capabilities necessary to carry out rigorous survey field work.
- Located on the picturesque far North Coast of NSW, bordering the Gold Coast.
- The Tweed is a vibrant, diverse location offering a lifestyle near the water, in a rainforest or on a farm.
- Tweed Shire Council is committed to employment equity and diversity and encourages applications from people of all ages, abilities and backgrounds in both traditional and non-traditional roles.
- Join an employer of choice. Professionals Australia (Local Government Engineers’ Association) has named Council the 2021 Employer of Choice for our great employment practices within NSW local government.
Where it's located:
This position is based in Murwillumbah, and can be directed to work from any Council work site.
Friday 1 July 2022 at 12 noon sharp (NSW time). Late applications will not be permitted.
Tweed Shire Council conducts pre-employment assessments as part of its recruitment process. Click here for more information.
How To Apply
You must use your own email address, and not one used previously by another person that has applied for a position with council.
Once you start your online application, you cannot save and return to it later.
You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document. You can then COPY and PASTE your answers from Word into the below fields.
- Have your Resume document ready to go.
- Fill out all questions below. Click 'Next'. For tips on how to address the selection criteria, click here
- You'll then be prompted to attach your resume and other documents (if applicable). Click 'Next'.
- Review your application to confirm everything is correct. Click 'Confirm' to submit your application.
If you'd like to COPY and PASTE selection criteria fields into a separate Word document to work on over time, please find them listed below:
1. Current Vehicle Licence – Car.
2. Demonstrated literacy, numeracy and general education at a level usually associated with completion of Year 10.
3. Demonstrated knowledge of the activities involved in surveyors field work.
4. Demonstrated knowledge of survey instruments and equipment.
5. Physical and mobility capabilities necessary to carry out rigorous survey field work.
6. Demonstrated knowledge of WHS principles associated with survey work.
7. Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
8. Possess a current First Aid and CPR accreditation.
9. Possess a confined space accreditation and be competent in the use of confined space entry equipment.
10. Experience in the use of small cranes.
11. Possess a current NSW Boat License.
12. Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office in particular Microsoft Excel.
13. Demonstrated basic understanding of office procedures including filing and personal computer use.
14. General Construction Induction Card (White Card).
OFFICE USE ONLY