Our Planning & Regulation Division is seeking 3 Town Planners for 12 month contracts. Two positions are within the Building & Environmental Health Unit and one position is in the Development Assessment & Compliance Unit. These positions represent an opportunity to become a member of the Tweed Planning team which is instrumental in the end-to-end management of development applications; including recommending the application for approval/refusal and associated follow up processes.
- Building and Environmental Health Unit
o The Building & Environmental Health role assesses houses and farm buildings with no greater density of one house per property
- Development Assessment and Compliance Unit
o The Development Assessment & Compliance role assesses all other development applications excluding houses.
What's on offer:
- An attractive base salary ranging from $74,202 per annum with competency based increments up to $87,893 per annum, plus 10% super
- 70 hour, 9 day fortnight
- 12 month maximum-term contract
- Training and development opportunities
- Flexible work options for a healthy work/life balance
- Generous employment conditions (we have too many to list - click here for more).
We are seeking:
- Degree or Post-Graduate Town Planning Qualification (or similar degree) or near completion of such.
- Demonstrated high level competence and experience in the assessment of residential development applications whilst working within a government framework.
- A co-operative approach in a team environment.
- Ability to prioritise and handle conflicting deadlines.
- Located on the picturesque far North Coast of NSW, bordering the Gold Coast.
- The Tweed is a vibrant, diverse location offering a lifestyle near the water, in a rainforest or on a farm.
- Tweed Shire Council is committed to employment equity and diversity and encourages applications from people of all ages, abilities and backgrounds in both traditional and non-traditional roles.
- Join an employer of choice. Professionals Australia (Local Government Engineers’ Association) has named Council the 2021 Employer of Choice for our great employment practices within NSW local government.
Where it's located:
This position is based in Murwillumbah, and can be directed to work from any Council work site.
Friday 24 June 2022 at 12 noon sharp (NSW time). Late applications will not be permitted.
Tweed Shire Council conducts pre-employment assessments as part of its recruitment process. Click here for more information.
How To Apply
You must use your own email address, and not one used previously by another person that has applied for a position with council.
Once you start your online application, you cannot save and return to it later.
You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document. You can then COPY and PASTE your answers from Word into the below fields.
- Have your Resume document ready to go.
- Fill out all questions below. Click 'Next'. For tips on how to address selection criteria, click here.
- You'll then be prompted to attach your resume and other documents (if applicable). Click 'Next'.
- Review your application to confirm everything is correct. Click 'Confirm' to submit your application.
If you'd like to COPY and PASTE selection criteria fields into a separate Word document to work on over time, please find them listed below:
- Degree or Post-Graduate Town Planning qualifications (or similar degree) or near completion of such.
- Demonstrated experience in the processing of development applications within a local government framework.
- Demonstrated well developed written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated substantial experience in planning legislation and regulation.
- Eligible for membership of Planning Institute of Australia.
- Current Vehicle Licence – Car.
OFFICE USE ONLY
|Unit||Building & Environmental Health|
|Industry||Building & Environmental Health|