Curator - Exhibitions
Tweed Regional Gallery & Margaret Olley Art Centre, Murwillumbah
As Curator - Exhibitions you will be coordinating, developing and delivering a dynamic program of touring and Gallery-initiated exhibitions at one of the country’s most esteemed regional galleries.
This exciting role is responsible for the design and installation of the Gallery’s extensive exhibition program.
The role collaborates with the Art Gallery Director to implement the Gallery's exhibition program including the co-ordination and design of the Gallery's publications and advertisements.
The Curator - Exhibitions will be adaptable and focused to ensure a high level of visitor and client service.
What's on offer:
- An attractive base salary ranging from $1,257.24 per week with competency based increments up to $1,476.04 per week, plus 10% super
- 35 hour week, 9 day fortnight
- Training and development opportunities
- Flexible work options for a healthy work/life balance
- Generous employment conditions (we have too many to list - click here for more).
We are seeking:
- Experience in a gallery environment
- Tertiary qualifications in Visual Arts or equivalent
- Competence in coordination of visual arts programs
- Competence in word processing, data entry and use of graphic design software
- Experience in budget management.
- Located on the picturesque far North Coast of NSW, bordering the Gold Coast.
- The Tweed is a vibrant, diverse location offering a lifestyle near the water, in a rainforest or on a farm.
- Tweed Shire Council is committed to employment equity and diversity and encourages applications from people of all ages, abilities and backgrounds in both traditional and non-traditional roles.
- Join an employer of choice. Professionals Australia (Local Government Engineers’ Association) has named Council the 2021 Employer of Choice for our great employment practices within NSW local government.
Where it's located:
This position is based in Tweed Regional Gallery & Margaret Olley Art Centre, Murwillumbah, and can be directed to work from any Council work site.
Friday 1 July 2022 at 12 noon sharp (NSW time). Late applications will not be permitted.
Tweed Shire Council conducts pre-employment assessments as part of its recruitment process. Click here for more information.
How To Apply
You must use your own email address, and not one used previously by another person that has applied for a position with council.
Once you start your online application, you cannot save and return to it later.
You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document. You can then COPY and PASTE your answers from Word into the below fields.
- Have your Resume document ready to go.
- Fill out all questions below. Click 'Next'. For tips on how to address the selection criteria, click here
- You'll then be prompted to attach your resume and other documents (if applicable). Click 'Next'.
- Review your application to confirm everything is correct. Click 'Confirm' to submit your application.
If you'd like to COPY and PASTE selection criteria fields into a separate Word document to work on over time, please find them listed below:
1. Certificate III in Visual Arts or equivalent.
2. Professional experience in a Gallery or Museum.
3. Demonstrated competence in the coordination of visual arts and crafts programs.
4. Demonstrated competence in word processing, data entry and desktop publishing programs.
5. Knowledge of contemporary Australian visual arts and proven ability to research and interpret art works and exhibitions.
6. High level of interpersonal, oral and written communications skills to effectively communicate with internal and external clients, members of the public and Council staff.
7. Demonstrated experience in promotion of exhibitions, programs and events, especially via social media.
8. Demonstrated capacity to work independently within the context of a team environment.
9. Demonstrated customer service skills.
10. Current Vehicle Licence - Car.
11. Demonstrated capacity in financial monitoring and program planning.
OFFICE USE ONLY