We are seeking a Sign Writer to join our team. This opportunity is for a qualified Sign Writer who enjoys a variety in their work day, while working with a great team environment.
About the role:
- Provides signwriting services and advice to stakeholders to ensure compliance with relevant regulations and standards.
- Undertakes painting to council amenities, park facilities and buildings and report required repairs or improvements to supervisor.
What's on offer:
- a base salary ranging from $1,068.32 per week with competency-based increments up to $1,224.01 per week, plus 10.5% super
- 38 hour week, 9 day fortnight
- training and development opportunities
- flexible work options for a healthy work/life balance
- generous employment conditions (we have too many to list - click here for more).
We are seeking:
- trade certificate or equivalent level of training to carry out the works of signwriting and painting
- driver's licence - car
- knowledge of signwriting plotters and associated software
- knowledge of painting requirements and techniques
- CAD software experience.
- Located on the picturesque far North Coast of NSW, bordering the Gold Coast.
- The Tweed is a vibrant, diverse location offering a lifestyle near the water, in a rainforest or on a farm.
- Tweed Shire Council is committed to employment equity and diversity and encourages applications from people of all ages, abilities and backgrounds in both traditional and non-traditional roles.
- Join an employer of choice. Professionals Australia (Local Government Engineers’ Association) has named Council the 2021 Employer of Choice for our great employment practices within NSW local government.
Where it's located:
This position is based in Murwillumbah, and can be directed to work from any Council work site.
Friday 07 October 2022 at 12 noon sharp (NSW time). Late applications will not be permitted.
Tweed Shire Council conducts pre-employment assessments as part of its recruitment process.
Job offers are not made until screening has been completed. Tweed Shire Council uses third-party providers to undertake:
- Pre-employment medical – some roles require a functional (physical) assessment, and all positions are subject to drug and alcohol screening (a positive test result means the recruitment process ends and your application will not be considered).
- Background screening - verifies that the information you have provided throughout the recruitment process is true and correct. Click here for more information.
Reference Checks are undertaken by the panel. Your 2 referees should ideally be your current and most recent supervisors. Your referees are not contacted unless you’ve been interviewed and are a preferred candidate.
This position is identified as at risk of contracting vaccine-preventable/manageable diseases and as a consequence impacted employees are strongly recommended to participate in Council’s workplace vaccination program.
How To Apply:
You must use your own email address, and not one used previously by another person that has applied for a position with council.
Once you start your online application, you cannot save and return to it later.
You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document. You can then COPY and PASTE your answers from Word into the below fields:
- Have your Resume document ready to go.
- Fill out all questions below. Click 'Next'. For tips on how to address the selection criteria, click here
- You'll then be prompted to attach your resume and other documents (if applicable). Click 'Next'.
- Review your application to confirm everything is correct. Click 'Confirm' to submit your application.
If you'd like to COPY and PASTE selection criteria fields into a separate Word document to work on over time, please find them listed below:
- Trade Certificate or equivalent level of training to carry out the works of signwriting and painting.
- Current Vehicle Licence - Car.
- Demonstrated competence in the application of trade skills to required work.
- Demonstrated competence in the application of appropriate codes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of health and safety in the workplace.
- Demonstrated competent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of signwriting plotters and associated software.
- Demonstrated knowledge of painting requirements and techniques.
- Demonstrated competence in hand lettering signage.
- Demonstrated knowledge of wide format printers.
- Demonstrated knowledge of C.A.D. software
- General Construction Induction Card (White Card).
OFFICE USE ONLY