Senior Planning and Infrastructure Engineer
In this newly created position you will focus on a range of complex strategic infrastructure tasks that address Council’s growth and development pressures, and improve infrastructure service levels and project delivery.
You will have the skills and experience to develop, review and implement the Roads and Stormwater Unit’s suite of infrastructure policies, strategies, plans and related business systems. The position provides expert advice to all clients on development matters, project priorities and system improvements.
This position is an important element in ensuring that Tweed Shire is equipped to cater for projected population growth, without compromising our financial viability, standard of living or natural environment.
What's on offer:
- an attractive base salary ranging from $120,124 per annum with competency-based increments up to $133,479 per annum, plus 10.5% super
- 35 hour week, 9 day fortnight
- lease back vehicle option
- training and development opportunities
- flexible work options for a healthy work/life balance
- generous employment conditions (we have too many to list - click here for more).
We are seeking someone with:
- degree level qualifications in Civil Engineering or associated discipline
- eligible for membership of a Professional Engineers Association
- high level communication skills including negotiation and team building
- expertise in current practices, policy directions and priorities relating to the delivery of engineering infrastructure
- the capacity for strategic thinking and highly developed conceptual and analytical skills
- demonstrated leadership skills
- Located on the picturesque far North Coast of NSW, bordering the Gold Coast.
- The Tweed is a vibrant, diverse location offering a lifestyle near the water, in a rainforest or on a farm.
- Tweed Shire Council is committed to employment equity and diversity and encourages applications from people of all ages, abilities and backgrounds in both traditional and non-traditional roles.
- Join an employer of choice. Professionals Australia (Local Government Engineers’ Association) has named Council the 2021 Employer of Choice for our great employment practices within NSW local government.
Where it's located:
This position is based in Murwillumbah, and can be directed to work from any Council work site.
Friday 14 October 2022 at 12 noon sharp (NSW time). Late applications will not be permitted.
Tweed Shire Council conducts pre-employment assessments as part of its recruitment process.
Job offers are not made until screening has been completed. Tweed Shire Council uses third-party providers to undertake:
- Pre-employment medical – some roles require a functional (physical) assessment, and all positions are subject to drug and alcohol screening (a positive test result means the recruitment process ends and your application will not be considered).
- Background screening - verifies that the information you have provided throughout the recruitment process is true and correct. Click here for more information.
Reference Checks are undertaken by the panel. Your 2 referees should ideally be your current and most recent supervisors. Your referees are not contacted unless you’ve been interviewed and are a preferred candidate.
How To Apply:
You must use your own email address, and not one used previously by another person that has applied for a position with council.
Once you start your online application, you cannot save and return to it later.
You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document. You can then COPY and PASTE your answers from Word into the below fields:
- Have your Resume document ready to go.
- Fill out all questions below. Click 'Next'. For tips on how to address the selection criteria, click here
- You'll then be prompted to attach your resume and other documents (if applicable). Click 'Next'.
- Review your application to confirm everything is correct. Click 'Confirm' to submit your application.
If you'd like to COPY and PASTE selection criteria fields into a separate Word document to work on over time, please find them listed below:
1. Degree qualifications in Civil Engineering or associated discipline plus eligibility for membership of a Professional Engineers Association.
2. Demonstrated understanding of and expertise in current practices, policy directions and priorities relating to the delivery of engineering infrastructure, and the application of quality and continuous improvement.
3. Demonstrated ability in initiating and managing change processes
4. Demonstrated commitment to people management practices that value continual learning and professional development.
5. Demonstrated capacity for strategic thinking – the ability to think at a big picture level and take a long-term view in delivering projects.
6. Highly developed conceptual and analytical skills, including the ability to identify emerging issues, trends and risks, and impacts and the expertise to resolve complex issues.
7. Demonstrated leadership skills including the ability to inspire a positive attitude to work and to succeed and steer others towards successful goal and task accomplishment.
8. Demonstrated advanced negotiation and influencing skills. The ability to create consensus, resolve disputes and broker agreement to proposals and ideas.
9. Highly developed written communication skills including the ability to write in a clear, fluent and concise manner, produce written communications that are appropriate and readily understood by the intended audience and organise information in a logical sequence.
10. Demonstrated competence in managing priorities to meet business, program and statutory requirements.
11. Current Vehicle Licence - Car.
12. Post graduate qualifications/studies in Traffic/Transportation, Business Administration or other area relevant to the position.
13. Demonstrated knowledge of the legislation, principles and practice of the NSW Planning System.
14. Demonstrated experience in the practical application of infrastructure strategies to large scale development projects.
OFFICE USE ONLY
|Unit||Roads & Stormwater|