Family Violence Caseworker x 2
- Position : 0.8 located Hazelwood Road & 1EFT located at Orana Gunyah
- Salary : $72,360 to $82,780, plus super (based on skills and experience)
Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is the largest organisation of its kind in Australia, employing more than 600 employees and delivering more than 70 programs across Victoria. VACCA is an Aboriginal community-controlled organisation that supports and advocates for the Aboriginal community. Our strength lies with our people. Our team is committed to the organisation's vision and values; advocates for our children and other vulnerable community members; and shows respect for, observance and compliance with Aboriginal cultural protocols, practice and ceremony. Our Aboriginality is what distinguishes us from mainstream services and what enables us to deliver the positive outcomes we achieve for
About the role
The family violence program will aim to not only keep women and children safe, but to also encourage their healing and resilience through individual support and group work. The role of the family and community in ‘growing up’ the child, building their sense of belonging and resilience, educating them about their culture and spirituality, will be integral to the development and operation of the program.
The Family Violence Case Worker will provide holistic case management to Aboriginal women and their children who are experiencing or escaping family violence in the Gippsland area. The Worker will build positive relationships and networks with relevant Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal organisations and services to ensure that appropriate referrals and supports are put in place.
- You will have an understanding the issues of family violence and the impact on women, children and families in an Aboriginal context
- Tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, welfare or a related discipline is desirable
- Sound knowledge of the Family Violence Protection Act 2008, Information Sharing and Multi Agency Risk Assessment Framework (MARAM).
- You will have an ability to empower and advocate for the families and children
- Resilient, with great team working skills and ability to communicate with respect
What we can offer you!!
- Professional support and training via in-house learning and development training modules
- Attractive salary packaging to increase your take home pay
- Great career development opportunities.
- Access to Employee support and wellbeing program(s)
- Opportunity to work and build connection with the Aboriginal Community and culture
We strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders people to apply
Applications should include a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria and current resume.
We encourage applicants to view the Position Description prior to applying. Please click here to view the position description
Application closes by May 18, 2021
We are committed to Aboriginal self-determination and supporting strong, safe, thriving Aboriginal communities and aim to ensure every individual is treated with dignity, honouring all cultural backgrounds, abilities, ethnicities, sexual orientations, gender identities and spiritual beliefs.
VACCA is a child-safe organisation and is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children and young people with zero tolerance for child abuse. All successful applicants will be required to undertake a National Police Record Check and Working with Children Check prior to commencement of employment and periodically following commencement.
VACCA is an equal opportunity employer and has a smoke-free workplace policy