Aboriginal Team Leader - Orange Door
- Exciting full time leadership opportunity available at Box Hill.
- Salary from $104873 to $109251 (based on qualifications and experience), plus super.
- Attractive salary packaging to increase your take home pay.
The Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is an Aboriginal Community-Controlled organisation that supports and advocates for the Aboriginal Community and is the largest organisation of it’s kind in Australia. The VACCA team is committed to the organisation’s visions and values, passionately providing support, service and advocacy for our children and other vulnerable members of the community.
Our Aboriginality is what distinguishes us from other community organisations and our culture of teamwork and inclusivity is why we are able to deliver positive outcomes that lead to ongoing change.
Our strength lies with our people.
About the role
This is a newly funded role to VACCA within the Eastern Orange Door Hub; however, this role is well established within other Orange Door Hubs across the state. The Team Leader will be based at the Orange Door office in Box Hill and report to the Senior Program Manager for Client Services who is responsibility for a number of programs and initiatives within the Eastern Region and will oversee the Orange Door operations and provide support to VACCA staff working in the Eastern Orange Door office.
The Team Leader will lead a team of multidisciplinary practitioners to deliver high quality, safe and effective responses to Victorian women, children, men and families seeking support and safety through the Hub and keep the perpetrator in view. This role will also provide secondary cultural consultation to practitioners working in the Orange Door.
- Demonstrated understanding of, and commitment to, the values that underpin VACCA' vision and purpose and the capacity to take a leadership role in championing these internally and externally
- Demonstrated awareness and appreciation of Aboriginal societies and cultures, and commitment to continually build knowledge of such, along with a high level of awareness of the key issues which impact upon Aboriginal communities
- Demonstrated understanding and application of Family and Domestic Violence models and child wellbeing approaches, theories and practice when dealing with clients.
- Demonstrated knowledge of general models of intervention in social work, particularly around complex risk assessment and risk management.
- Requirement: Current COVID-19 vaccination (Including booster dose, as applicable), a Working with Children’s Check for a paid employee (or willingness to obtain) and a valid Victorian Drivers Licence
- Tertiary qualifications in social work, social sciences or related field or work experience and expertise in the sector.
What we can offer you!!
- Professional support and training via in-house learning and development training modules
- Attractive salary packaging to increase your take home pay
- Great career development opportunities.
- Access to Employee support and wellbeing program(s)
- Opportunity to work and build connection with the Aboriginal Community and culture
We strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders people to apply
If the role that is described above is something that you feel passionate about, don’t delay. Click APPLY to start your journey with VACCA. All applications must include your cover letter, current resume, and a document addressing the Key Selection Criteria, which can be found in the position description. Please click here to view the position description.
Applications for this role will close on 5 Feb 2023
We are committed to Aboriginal self-determination and supporting strong, safe, thriving Aboriginal communities and aim to ensure every individual is treated with dignity, honouring all cultural backgrounds, abilities, ethnicities, sexual orientations, gender identities and spiritual beliefs.
VACCA is a child-safe organisation and is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children and young people with zero tolerance for child abuse. All successful applicants will be required to undertake a National Police Record Check and Working with Children Check prior to commencement of employment and periodically following commencement.
VACCA is an equal opportunity employer and has a smoke-free workplace policy.