Elders Holistic Healing Group Facilitator
- Position : Part Time (1 day a week), Fixed Term Contract for 2 years
- Location : Morwell
- Salary : $77580- $83476 (pro-rata, based on experience & qualifications) plus super and attractive salary packaging options
The Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is an Aboriginal Community-Controlled organisation that supports and advocates for the Aboriginal Community and is the largest organisation of it’s kind in Australia. The VACCA team is committed to the organisation’s visions and values, passionately providing support, service and advocacy for our children and other vulnerable members of the community.
Our Aboriginality is what distinguishes us from other community organisations and it is why we are able to deliver positive outcomes that lead to ongoing change.
Our strength lies with our people, and all people are welcome at VACCA!
About the role:
Culture, Connection and Healing are central to the design and delivery of Family Violence Therapeutic programs to Aboriginal families. The group sessions will provide Aboriginal Elders who have been impacted by family violence, opportunities to heal and feel more empowered and more socially and culturally connected within a group setting. VACCA, as a service hub for families and children, are in a unique position to attract Elders into a non-judgemental and supportive environment where complex family situations are understood, and pathways exist to better support individuals within these settings. The model which is aimed at running weekly flexible sessions is designed to be strong in culture, rich in community values, and will mitigate isolation as a risk factor for family violence.
In this position you will be responsible to facilitate group programs with Aboriginal Elders who are impacted by or have experienced family violence. You will also be involved in the design and delivery of new group programs with Aboriginal Elders.
The position will contribute to the delivery of quality, culturally safe approaches to individuals and whole of family as appropriate through applying VACCA’s therapeutic framework and program guide. Healing through Culture will underpin all aspects of the work.
- Understanding and awareness of how family violence is experienced by and impacts young Aboriginal men and women
- Existing networks and relationships with Aboriginal Communities across Victoria
- Demonstrated experience of strengths-based approaches to working with Aboriginal young people
- Previous experience in project management including planning, implementation, and evaluation
- A TAFE or Tertiary qualification in a relevant field along with demonstrated experience will be highly considered but not essential
- Requirement: Current COVID-19 vaccination (Including booster dose, as applicable), a Working with Children’s Check for a paid employee (or willingness to obtain) and a valid Victorian Drivers License
What we can offer you!!
- Professional support and training via in-house learning and development training modules
- Attractive salary packaging to increase your take home pay
- Great career development opportunities.
- Access to Employee support and wellbeing program(s)
- Opportunity to work and build connection with the Aboriginal Community and culture
We strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders people to apply
Applications should include a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria and current resume.
We encourage applicants to view the Position Description prior to applying. Please click here to view the position description.
Application closes by December 11, 2022
We are committed to Aboriginal self-determination and supporting strong, safe, thriving Aboriginal communities and aim to ensure every individual is treated with dignity, honouring all cultural backgrounds, abilities, ethnicities, sexual orientations, gender identities and spiritual beliefs.
VACCA is a child-safe organisation and is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children and young people with zero tolerance for child abuse. All successful applicants will be required to undertake a National Police Record Check and Working with Children Check prior to commencement of employment and periodically following commencement.
VACCA is an equal opportunity employer and has a smoke-free workplace policy