Practitioner/ Senior Practitioner- Aboriginal Family Preservation and Reunification Response (Multiple Vacancies Available)
- Position : Full time, 12 months fixed term contract, Multiple Vacancies Available
- Salary : $77,580 to $83,476 (based on skills & experience) Plus 10% Super plus Attractive Salary Packaging option
- Location : Melton
Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is the largest organisation of its kind in Australia, employing more than 600 employees and delivering more than 70 programs across Victoria. VACCA is an Aboriginal community-controlled organisation that supports and advocates for the Aboriginal community. Our strength lies with our people. Our team is committed to the organisation's vision and values; advocates for our children and other vulnerable community members; and shows respect for, observance and compliance with Aboriginal cultural protocols, practice and ceremony. Our Aboriginality is what distinguishes us from mainstream services and what enables us to deliver the positive outcomes we achieve for our People.
About the role
The principle role of the Aboriginal Family Preservation and Reunification Response Practitioners is to engage Aboriginal families with children and young people in three age cohorts: pre-birth, 0-5 and 10-15 years of age to support safe and healthy family functioning, prevent removal of children and support children recently placed in out of home care being reunified with their family. The position will be part of a small team that works as a cohesive whole reporting to the AFPR response Team Leader.
Additional responsibilities of a Senior Practitioner include contributing to the broader team by providing mentoring and support to other team members and assist the AFPR Response Team Leader with duties as directed.
- Demonstrated understanding of, and commitment to, the values that underpin VACCA’s vision and purpose and the capacity to take a leadership role in championing these internally and externally
- Demonstrated awareness and appreciation of Aboriginal societies and cultures, and commitment to continually build knowledge of such, along with a high level of awareness of the key issues which impact upon Aboriginal communities
- Work experience in a relevant field that supports an understanding of child development and family functioning including theories of attachment, intergenerational and personal trauma as well as relevant risk assessment frameworks, service responses and interventions in working with vulnerable families.
- A well-developed understanding of issues that impact on Aboriginal families, children and young people, particularly those who are involved with Child Protection
- Requirement: Current COVID 19 vaccination
What we can offer you!!
- Professional support and training via in-house learning and development training modules
- Attractive salary packaging to increase your take home pay
- Great career development opportunities.
- Access to Employee support and wellbeing program(s)
- Opportunity to work and build connection with the Aboriginal Community and culture
We strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders people to apply
Applications should include a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria and current resume.
We encourage applicants to view the Position Description prior to applying. Please click here to view the position description
Application closes by 29 Jan 2023
We are committed to Aboriginal self-determination and supporting strong, safe, thriving Aboriginal communities and aim to ensure every individual is treated with dignity, honouring all cultural backgrounds, abilities, ethnicities, sexual orientations, gender identities and spiritual beliefs.
VACCA is a child-safe organisation and is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children and young people with zero tolerance for child abuse. All successful applicants will be required to undertake a National Police Record Check and Working with Children Check prior to commencement of employment and periodically following commencement.
VACCA is an equal opportunity employer and has a smoke-free workplace policy.