Strategic Projects Manager
- Ongoing Position, Option to work Full time or part time
- $104,874 – $118,265 plus super and option of salary packaging
- Preston Location
Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is the largest organisation of its kind in Australia, employing more than 600 employees and delivering more than 70 programs across Victoria. VACCA is an Aboriginal community-controlled organisation that supports and advocates for the Aboriginal community. Our strength lies with our people. Our team is committed to the organisation's vision and values; advocates for our children and other vulnerable community members; and shows respect for, observance and compliance with Aboriginal cultural protocols, practice and ceremony. Our Aboriginality is what distinguishes us from mainstream services and what enables us to deliver the positive outcomes we achieve for our people.
About the role
As a Strategic Projects Manager in the Project Development and Management team, you will work with VACCA directors and senior managers to develop and execute a range of client services strategies and projects for various portfolio areas. You will be part of a supportive group of staff with diverse responsibilities involving contact with all areas of VACCA. You will have the opportunity to contribute the skills you’ve gained in previous roles and to build your knowledge and expertise about the diverse range of programs that VACCA delivers for Aboriginal children and families.
- Demonstrated understanding of, and commitment to, the values that underpin VACCA’s vision and purpose and the capacity to take a leadership role in championing these internally and externally.
- Demonstrated awareness and appreciation of Aboriginal societies and cultures, and commitment to continually build knowledge of such, along with a high level of awareness of the key issues which impact upon Aboriginal communities.
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and strategically, analyse complex situations and develop creative solutions that advance the achievement of desired outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience in autonomously shaping and driving projects; quickly developing strong and positive relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders, and delivering projects within scope, on schedule, and on budget.
- Adaptability, and enjoyment of the challenge of unclear or new work assignments and being responsible for creating structure and gaining the information needed to solve problems.
- Strong organisational and time management abilities and capacity to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Highly developed skills in communication of complex ideas via written reports and presentations, and in facilitation of stakeholder consultations.
- Current COVID-19 vaccination
- Valid Working with Children Check and Driver's license
What we can offer you!!
- Professional support and training via in-house learning and development training modules
- Attractive salary packaging to increase your take home pay
- Great career development opportunities.
- Access to Employee support and wellbeing program(s)
- Opportunity to work and build connection with the Aboriginal Community and culture
We strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders people to apply
Applications should include a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria and current resume.
We encourage applicants to view the Position Description prior to applying. Please click here to view the Position Description
Application closes by Sep 24, 2022
We are committed to Aboriginal self-determination and supporting strong, safe, thriving Aboriginal communities and aim to ensure every individual is treated with dignity, honouring all cultural backgrounds, abilities, ethnicities, sexual orientations, gender identities and spiritual beliefs.
VACCA is a child-safe organisation and is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children and young people with zero tolerance for child abuse. All successful applicants will be required to undertake a National Police Record Check and Working with Children Check prior to commencement of employment and periodically following commencement.
VACCA is an equal opportunity employer and has a smoke-free workplace policy.