Family Violence Therapeutic Group Facilitator
- Ongoing Full time position
- $$88,753 to $92,771 (based on skills & experience) Plus super and the option of salary packaging
- Melton Location
The Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is the largest organization of its kind in Australia. VACCA is an Aboriginal community-controlled organization that supports and advocates for the Aboriginal community.
About the role
The Aboriginal Family Violence Therapeutic Group Facilitator positions have been created to facilitate a range of group programs with Aboriginal women, adolescents and children who are impacted by or have experienced family violence. These positions are to be involved in the design and delivery of new group programs with Aboriginal women, children and adolescents.
- Demonstrated understanding of, and commitment to, the values that underpin VACCA’ vision and purpose and the capacity to take a leadership role in championing these internally and externally
- Demonstrated experience in working and engaging with Aboriginal families and children/ Demonstrated experience in child and family sector
- A TAFE or tertiary qualification in a relevant field along with demonstrated experience
- Demonstrated experience in group facilitation
- A comprehensive understanding of the dynamics and impact of family violence in Aboriginal families
- A demonstrated ability to work therapeutically and sensitively with Aboriginal children, adolescents, women and/or men who are impacted by and/or perpetrators of family violence
What we can offer you!!
- Professional support and training via in-house learning and development training modules
- Attractive salary packaging to increase your take home pay
- Great career development opportunities.
- Access to Employee support and wellbeing program(s)
- Opportunity to work and build connection with the Aboriginal Community and culture
We strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders people to apply
Applications should include a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria and current resume.
We encourage applicants to view the Position Description prior to applying. Please click here to view the position description.
Application closes by Sep 24, 2022
We are committed to Aboriginal self-determination and supporting strong, safe, thriving Aboriginal communities and aim to ensure every individual is treated with dignity, honouring all cultural backgrounds, abilities, ethnicities, sexual orientations, gender identities and spiritual beliefs.
VACCA is a child-safe organisation and is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children and young people with zero tolerance for child abuse. All successful applicants will be required to undertake a National Police Record Check and Working with Children Check prior to commencement of employment and periodically following commencement.
VACCA is an equal opportunity employer and has a smoke-free workplace policy.