Family & Education Case Manager
- Position available at Morwell
- Part time (30 hours per week), Fixed Term contract for 12 months
- Salary from $77580- $83476, plus super- based on qualification and experience
- Additional Salary Packaging options available up to $15,900
Who is VACCA?
The Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is an Aboriginal Community-Controlled organisation that supports and advocates for the Aboriginal Community and is the largest organisation of it’s kind in Australia. The VACCA team is committed to the organisation’s visions and values, passionately providing support, service and advocacy for our children and other vulnerable members of the community.
Our Aboriginality is what distinguishes us from other community organisations and it is why we are able to deliver positive outcomes that lead to ongoing change.
Our strength lies with our people, and all people are welcome at VACCA!
About the Role:
Side by Side is a new program run by Berry Street as the lead agency and Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) as subcontractor as part of the Victorian Government’s Partnerships Addressing Disadvantage initiative. Side by Side is an outcomes-based contract and aims to improve engagement, attendance and learning outcomes for some of Victoria’s most vulnerable and disadvantaged children.
The Family and Education Case Manager will work alongside Berry Street’s Side by Side team, to engage with Aboriginal students and families in three identified primary schools within the Latrobe Shire.
What we can give you:
If you are successful in becoming a part of the VACCA team, you can expect that we will provide:
- Learning and Development opportunities is available
- Generous leave entitlements including; paid maternity leave, cultural and ceremonial leave and compassionate leave
- The opportunity to participate in cultural events and other activities
- A warm, supportive and inclusive team environment and organizational culture.
What we require from you:
To best ensure that you will be best able to successfully complete the tasks associated with this role, you will require the following:
- A tertiary qualification in Education, Social Work, Welfare or other related discipline and/or experience working with Schools and the Education sector is highly desirable
- Experience in working and engaging with Aboriginal families and children
- Demonstrated experience in child and family sector
- Demonstrated understanding of child development, and the impact trauma can have on a child’s development.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team and with key stakeholders particularly within school communities
- Demonstrated ability to maintain records compliant with legislation and standards and data systems for reporting and planning
- Requirement: Current COVID-19 vaccination (including booster dose, as applicable), a Working with Children’s Check for a paid employee (or willingness to obtain) and a Victorian Drivers Licence
We strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders people to apply
Applications should include a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria and current resume.
We encourage applicants to view the Position Description prior to applying. Please click here to view the position description.
Application closes by 25 September 2022
We are committed to Aboriginal self-determination and supporting strong, safe, thriving Aboriginal communities and aim to ensure every individual is treated with dignity, honouring all cultural backgrounds, abilities, ethnicities, sexual orientations, gender identities and spiritual beliefs.
VACCA is a child-safe organisation and is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children and young people with zero tolerance for child abuse. All successful applicants will be required to undertake a National Police Record Check and Working with Children Check prior to commencement of employment and periodically following commencement.
VACCA is an equal opportunity employer and has a smoke-free workplace policy.