Project Officer - Facilities and Assets
Woolloomooloo; travel to metro and regional NSW
Full-time 38 hours per week; may involve work outside of regular business hours
Based in Woolloomooloo; travel to metropolitan and regional NSW sites
- Current NSW Driver Licence
- Hourly rates range from $32.13 depending on qualifications, plus super; generous salary packaging benefits where a portion of take-home pay is tax-free
- Access to company vehicle, use as needed for travel
What we do
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services and has been assisting people experiencing disadvantage in NSW for more than 130 years. Our people reach out to the most vulnerable in our community through our Conferences, Special Works and Vinnies shops. The Society’s mission is to shape a more just and compassionate society by offering a ‘hands up’ approach to people in need respecting their dignity, sharing our hope and encouraging them to take control of their own destiny.
The Project Officer - Facilities & Assets will assist in implementing, monitoring and administering project management works. The role aims to ensure delivery of quality products within budgetary and time parameters, work on both large and small scale projects, delivery of the Capital expenditure (CAPEX) projects and rental lease management and set up. Your technical experience in project supervision, as well as your proven negotiation, multi-tasking and good time management skills are important to this role.
The key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Undertaking activities relating to property management, that includes: determining space requirements for offices; negotiating appropriate lease terms and conditions for new and existing leases; assessing the physical suitability of the properties to meet the needs of the clients and customers and in compliance with Disability Discrimination Act legislation; etc.
Managing programs & projects: subject to the nature of the project and as applicable, preparation of consultancy and contractor briefs; the management of consultants and contractors through rezoning processes, scope and design project and/or development; development and construction approvals, construction delivery and through to final handover; defining of project scopes and preparing project programmes, budgets and financial models; other related tasks;
Preparing project budgets, cash flows and programs; maintaining/managing financial documentation and systems in relation to projects and liaising with the Financial Controller in relation to relevant financial matters.
This role will report to the Senior Operations Manager - Facilities and Assets. Please click here for a copy of the Position Description.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
• Proven 3 to 5 year’s continuous technical experience at building Project Supervision and administering levels up
to projects budgets of $15 million, including multi-storey residential.
• Suitable Tertiary qualifications in Property Management and Project Management discipline
• Demonstrated ability to deliver tendering/procurement processes
• Excellent written and spoken communication with experience in liaising with statutory authorities and local
• Proven negotiation skills.
• Experience in liaising with statutory authorities and local councils.
• Proven ability on MS software skills (Microsoft Project, Excel, and Word) and other Property & Facilities
Management Software systems namely VISION.
• Proven ability to operate under minimal supervision (and, where appropriate, under direction) and to act timely
and prioritise effectively when managing multiple project simultaneously.
• Proven ability to operate within operational and capital expenditure budgets
• Ability to work flexible hours and in a range of locations including travel to SVdP Regional and metropolitan NSW
sites as required
• Willingness to adhere to and support the Mission, Vision and Ethos of the SVdP Society.
• Current NSW Driver’s Licence
Come and join our team!
We believe our employees are key to our success and in return we offer:
- Job satisfaction working as part of a team making a difference to people’s lives in an organisation that cares about people.
- Generous salary packaging benefits to employees where a portion of take-home pay is tax-free.
- In addition to excellent learning and development programs, as a large purpose driven organisation we provide opportunities to grow your career across a range of teams and services.
- Supportive, friendly and values driven team environment and culture.
Prior to an offer of employment, preferred candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks including reference checks, a Police check, Working with Children check, Health Declaration and/or a medical check, Right to work in Australia check. The Society is committed to being a Child Safe organisation, further information can be found in the Society’s commitment to Safeguarding Children & Young People.
If you have questions about this role, please email to Jude Braganza (Senior Operations Manager - Facilities & Assets) firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting Project Officer - Assets & Facilities / VIN1175.
Applications close at 11:30 pm on 4 November 2018
Please submit your application attaching your Resume including your
responses to the Essential Criteria outlined in the attached Position Description.
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. The Society strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature aged applicants.