Permanent, part-time 30.4 hours per week, work days are negotiable
Based in Wagga Wagga, NSW
- SCHCADS Level 4, hourly rates range from $32.13 to $35.18 depending on qualifications/experience
This role provides an opportunity to engage with people who are socially excluded in a strength based way through developing and coordinating relevant activities. This role will also develop project management skills from the identification of need, to project development, delivery and evaluation.
What we do
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services and has been assisting people experiencing disadvantage in NSW for more than 130 years. Our people reach out to the most vulnerable in our community through our Conferences, Special Works and Vinnies shops. The Society’s mission is to shape a more just and compassionate society by offering a ‘hands up’ approach to people in need respecting their dignity, sharing our hope and encouraging them to take control of their own destiny.
About the Service
Edel Quinn provides specialised crisis and short term accommodation support including outreach to men and women aged over 18 who are homeless or are at risk of homelessness. There are three teams at Edel Quinn: case work, accommodation support and the Ozanam Learning Centre (OLC). These teams work together to provide; accommodation support, transitional housing, outreach services and education and social engagement programs.
There are three Ozanam Leaning Centres across NSW (Woolloomooloo, Armidale, Wagga Wagga) collocated with rehabilitation or crisis accommodation. The OLC in Wagga Wagga is at Edel Quin and co-located with crisis accommodation. The OLC supports people who are at imminent risk of homelessness or those who require social inclusion options to prevent them from falling into cycles of disadvantage and marginalisation. Support is focused on producing sustainable pathways that provide people with skills, confidence, and opportunities. With an innovative approach, the OLC works with the community and our corporate partners to empower individuals and promote independent living.
The OLC Activities Coordinator will be responsible for the daily operations of the Ozanam Learning Centre at Edel Quinn in Wagga Wagga. The key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Leading the development and delivery of activities aimed at building social engagement and developing personal/ living skills and employment skills;
- Promoting the activities of the OLC and creating strategies to maximise client participation through consumer consultation, community collaboration and partnerships and referrals;
- Developing volunteering opportunities at the OLC and undertaking related tasks that include recruiting, inducting and supporting volunteers.
This role will report to the OLC Program Manager based in Woolloomooloo. Please click here for a copy of the Position Description.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or demonstrated experience in community development, community services and / or educational programs.
- Demonstrated understanding and experience working with those who experience social exclusion due to homelessness, the impact of trauma, mental health issues, alcohol and other drug issues and / or unemployment.
- Demonstrated experience with program design, delivery and coordination
- Demonstrated experience facilitating and evaluating workshops and / or social engagement activities
- Demonstrated experience with monitoring and evaluation including maintaining relevant data management systems.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills - including report writing, conflict resolution skills, interpersonal and negotiation skills and confidence with using Microsoft Office.
- Willingness to adhere to the ethos and Mission and Vision of the St Vincent de Paul Society NSW with the ability and commitment to maintain an ethical, non-judgmental, attitude towards clients
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and to work independently and unsupervised.
Come and join our team!
We believe our employees are key to our success and in return we offer:
- Job satisfaction working as part of a team making a difference to people’s lives in an organisation that cares about people.
- Generous salary packaging benefits to employees where a portion of take-home pay is tax-free.
- In addition to excellent learning and development programs, as a large purpose driven organisation we provide opportunities to grow your career across a range of teams and services.
- Supportive, friendly and values driven team environment and culture.
Prior to an offer of employment, preferred candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks including reference checks, a Police check, Working with Children check, Health Declaration and/or a medical check, Right to work in Australia check. The Society is committed to being a Child Safe organisation, further information can be found in the Society’s commitment to Safeguarding Children & Young People.
If you have questions about this role, please email to Clare Wynne (OLC Program Manager) email@example.com quoting: Activities Officer (OLC Wagga Wagga) /VIN1200.
Applications close at 11:30 pm on 21 October 2018
Please submit your application with your Resume attached and answer the screening questions below this job ad. Position Description
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. The Society strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature aged applicants.