Store Manager - Paddington
Are you a Department Manager for a large retail store? Or do you manage a boutique fashion shop?
- Permanent, Full-time
- Sydney Metropolitan location - Paddington, NSWB
Generous salary packaging benefits
- Would you like to be on a potential package of $70K+?
What we do
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services and has been assisting people experiencing disadvantage in NSW for more than 130 years. Our people reach out to the most vulnerable in our community through our Conferences, Special Works and Vinnies shops. The Society’s mission is to shape a more just and compassionate society by offering a ‘hands up’ approach to people in need respecting their dignity, sharing our hope and encouraging them to take control of their own destiny.
The Sydney Archdiocesan Central Council currently has 45 Centres covering the central Sydney area and its southern and western suburbs. The Vinnies Centres provide furniture, clothing and household goods to families and people who are in need and are being assisted by conference members. Centres are also a valuable resource for people on low incomes, enabling them to buy quality clothing, furniture and other household items at an affordable price.
As a Vinnies Store Manager you will lead a team of staff and volunteers to successfully manage the Vinnies Store. Supported by the Area Manager, you will drive and achieve the store’s results, demonstrated through increased sales, employee engagement, customer satisfaction and stock control. With strong visual merchandising skills, you will set an example for extraordinary performance. The role is best suited for a dynamic people manager, is full time, based on 40 hours per week with locations Sydney Metropolitan wide.
Please click here to find more information about the position.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Demonstrated leadership experience in a retail environment
- An unquestioning approach to delivering high levels of customer service
- Demonstrated negotiation and influencing skills with exceptional communication ability
- Competent computer skills
- Experience working with KPI’s and meeting financial targets
- Ability to analyse and organise stock to maximise sales on the shop floor
- Ability to develop, mentor and motivate a dynamic team of employees and volunteers
Come and join our team!
We believe our employees are key to our success and in return we offer:
- Job satisfaction working as part of a team making a difference to people’s lives in an organisation that cares about people.
- Generous salary packaging benefits to employees where a portion of take-home pay is tax-free.
- In addition to excellent learning and development programs, as a large purpose driven organisation we provide opportunities to grow your career across a range of teams and services.
- Supportive, friendly and values driven team environment and culture.
Prior to an offer of employment, preferred candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks including a Police check, Working with Children check, Health Declaration and/or a medical check, and Entitlement to work in Australia check. The Society is committed to being a Child Safe organisation, further information can be found in the Society’s commitment to Safeguarding Children & Young People.
If you have questions about this role, please email the Area Managers: Alexandria Fotiadis firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting position title and job number: Store Manager - Vinnies Paddington/VIN1322.
Applications close at 11:00 pm on 14 February 2019
Please submit your application - attach your Resume and answer the screening questions below this job ad.
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. The Society strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature aged applicants.