Store Manager - Wagga Wagga
- Permanent, Full-time
- Requires flexibility due to varying store hours, that may include weekend and after normal business hours
- Wagga Wagga, NSW
Generous salary packaging benefits
What we do
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services and has been assisting people experiencing disadvantage in NSW for more than 130 years. Our people reach out to the most vulnerable in our community through our Conferences, Special Works and Vinnies shops. The Society’s mission is to shape a more just and compassionate society by offering a ‘hands up’ approach to people in need respecting their dignity, sharing our hope and encouraging them to take control of their own destiny.
The Wagga Wagga Central Council currently has 12 Shops. The Vinnies Shops provide furniture, clothing and household goods to families and people who are in need and are being assisted by conference members. Shops are also a valuable resource for people on low incomes, enabling them to buy quality clothing, furniture and other household items at an affordable price.
The Vinnies Store Manager will oversee the overall operation of the store and major responsibilities include:
- leading a team of staff and volunteers - provide training, coaching, performance review etc
- ensuring that the store is able to meet its sales objectives and financial targets
- undertaking daily, weekly and monthly administration requirements that include checking and ensuring that daily transactions comply with policies and procedures; banking is conducted on a daily basis; and reporting variances to the Operations Manager
- ensure that customer satisfaction is achieved; generate and inspire cooperation and morale of all members of the retail team.
The Store Manager will report to and be supported by the Operations Manager. Please click here to find more information about the position.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Demonstrated leadership experience in a retail environment
- An unquestioning approach to delivering high levels of customer service
- Demonstrated negotiation and influencing skills with exceptional communication ability
- Competent computer skills
- Experience working with KPI’s
- Demonstrated success in meeting financial targets
- Ability to analyse and organise stock to maximise sales on the shop floor
- Ability to develop, mentor and motivate a dynamic team of employees and volunteers
Come and join our team!
We believe our employees are key to our success and in return we offer:
- Job satisfaction working as part of a team making a difference to people’s lives in an organisation that cares about people.
- Generous salary packaging benefits to employees where a portion of take-home pay is tax-free.
- In addition to excellent learning and development programs, as a large purpose driven organisation we provide opportunities to grow your career across a range of teams and services.
- Supportive, friendly and values driven team environment and culture.
Prior to an offer of employment, preferred candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks including a Police check, Working with Children check, Health Declaration and/or a medical check, and Entitlement to work in Australia check. The Society is committed to being a Child Safe organisation, further information can be found in the Society’s commitment to Safeguarding Children & Young People.
If you have questions about this role, please email to Mitchell Saddler (Retail Operations Manager - Wagga Wagga) Mitchell.firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting : Store Manager - Vinnies Wagga Wagga/VIN1363.
Applications close at 11:00 pm on 19 February 2019
Please submit your application - attach your Resume and answer the screening questions below this job ad.
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. The Society strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature aged applicants.