- Maximum term 6 months, full-time
Based in Parkes, NSW
SCHCADS Award, Level 2, hours rates from $25.98 to $28.35 depending on qualification and experience
- Current NSW Driver Licence is required
What we do
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services and has been assisting people experiencing disadvantage in NSW for more than 130 years. Our people reach out to the most vulnerable in our community through our Conferences, Special Works and Vinnies shops. The Society’s mission is to shape a more just and compassionate society by offering a ‘hands up’ approach to people in need respecting their dignity, sharing our hope and encouraging them to take control of their own destiny.
About the Service
Our Parkes office provides support to members and volunteers across an area covering 52% of NSW. Providing support to drought affected members of our communities is currently a key focus for us.
The Administrative Assistant, works with a small and professional team, in the performance of a range of administrative activities. This includes responsibility for data entry into excel spreadsheets, handling phone enquiries, filing, mail, and a range of other administrative duties. Ongoing phone liaison with our volunteers and the public is a key part of this role.
A strong administrative background and high level communication and organisational skills, competence with the Microsoft Office Suite, strong attention to detail and a good team approach are essential for this role.
This role will report to the Executive Officer. Please click here for a copy of the Position Description.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Strong administrative experience
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- High level computer skills - competence with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong attention to detail
- Initiative and proactive approach to improving office procedures and systems
- The ability to handle problems promptly or escalate where appropriate
- Knowledge of WH&S requirements
- Ability to operate effectively within the mission and ethos of the Society
- An attitude of cooperation and empathy in dealing with the needy, public, Society members and other staff
- Appropriate drivers licence for mail and banking requirements
- Come and join our team!
We believe our employees are key to our success and in return we offer:
- Job satisfaction working as part of a team making a difference to people’s lives in an organisation that cares about people.
- Generous salary packaging benefits to employees where a portion of take-home pay is tax-free.
- In addition to excellent learning and development programs, as a large purpose driven organisation we provide opportunities to grow your career across a range of teams and services.
- Supportive, friendly and values driven team environment and culture.
Prior to an offer of employment, preferred candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks including reference checks, a Police check, Working with Children check, Health Declaration and/or a medical check, Right to work in Australia check. The Society is committed to being a Child Safe organisation, further information can be found in the Society’s commitment to Safeguarding Children & Young People.
If you have questions about this role, please call (02) 6862 5758, quoting Administrative Assistant (Parkes) / job reference VIN1369.
Applications close at 11:00 pm on 21 February 2019
Please submit your application with a Cover Letter and Resume attached.
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. The Society strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature aged applicants.