Store Manager - looking for next career step?
- Oversee operations for a small number of Stores
- New role created to re-launch our retail operations
- Work locally in the Blue Mountains area
- Bring your retail management experience to an organization that does good
What we do
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services and has been assisting people experiencing disadvantage in NSW for more than 130 years. Our people reach out to the most vulnerable in our community through our Conferences, Special Works and Vinnies shops. The Society’s mission is to shape a more just and compassionate society by offering a ‘hand up’ approach to people in need respecting their dignity, sharing our hope and encouraging them to take control of their own destiny.
Do you have good retail store management experience? Are you looking for a more senior role? Do you aspire to be an Area Manager? As a Cluster Manager you will lead a number of stores around a larger “hub” and be responsible for all aspects of store operations and performance. This is a new concept for our stores and we are ideally looking for retail managers who would like too manage multiple sites and want to be a part of embedding this model into our operations. The role offers a career path to Area and Regional management roles.
Vinnies operates one of the largest retail operations in Australia with a network of 250 stores across our network and are really leading the way in recycled and sustainable practices in the industry. Our Stores are more than charity shops they are a treasure trove of fashion finds and collectibles.
Your new role will involve:
- Store operations – including presentation, merchandising, pricing, customer experience and store performance.
- People leadership – attracting, training and engaging a team made up of employees and volunteers.
- Store performance – ensuring sales targets are et, reporting and analysis of financial results.
- Risk and compliance – minimising stock loss and providing a safe working environment for staff and volunteers.
For a full list of accountabilities and responsibilities for this role, please refer to the attached Position Description.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Relevant qualifications in Business or Retail Management with experience
- Ability to negotiate, problem solve and manage conflict at a high level
- Sound analytical skills, demonstrate high organisational and planning skills
- Consistent, determined, tenacious and logical in the pursuit of results
- High level administration and computer skills, including the ability to effectively use MS Office programs e.g. Word, Excel and Outlook
- Exceptional people management skills including leading, motivating, developing and performance feedback with both staff and volunteers
- Exceptional communications skills both written and verbal with the ability to be persuasive and assertive
- High level of business and personal presentation
Come and join our team!
We believe our employees are key to our success and in return we offer:
- Job satisfaction working as part of a team making a difference to people’s lives in an organisation that cares about people.
- Generous salary packaging benefits to employees where a portion of take-home pay is tax-free.
- In addition to excellent learning and development opportunities, as a large purpose driven organisation we provide potential to grow your career across a range of teams and services
- Supportive, friendly and values driven team environment and culture.
Prior to an offer of employment, preferred candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks including reference checks, a Police check, Working with Children check, Health Declaration and/or a medical check, Right to work in Australia check. The Society is committed to being a Child Safe organisation, further information can be found in the Society’s commitment to Safeguarding Children & Young People.
If you have any questions about this role, please email to Agnes Isaias (Staff Recruitment Manager) email@example.com, quoting: Cluster Retail Manager - Blaxland/VIN2204.
Applications will close at 11 pm on 30th April 2021
Apply online - attach your Resume and cover letter with your responses to the Role-specific Criteria outlined in the Position Description.
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. The Society strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature aged applicants.