Team Leader, Fred's Place
- Maximum term contract to 30 June 2021, part-time 21 hours per week
- Based in Tweed Heads, NSW, may involve travel to meet client needs
- Current NSW Driver Licence
- SCHCADS Award Level 5, hourly rates range from $41.89 to $43.89 commensurate with qualifications and experience
What we do
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services and has been assisting people experiencing disadvantage in NSW for more than 130 years. Our people reach out to the most vulnerable in our community through our Conferences, Special Works and Vinnies shops. The Society’s mission is to shape a more just and compassionate society by offering a ‘hand up’ approach to people in need respecting their dignity, sharing our hope and encouraging them to take control of their own destiny.
About the Service
This position is in the Vinnies Services Directorate and is part of the the team responsible for state-wide management of excellent homelessness and housing services.
The Team Leader will supervise a team of Case Workers that provide case work support to people who are homeless or are at risk of homelessness.
Responsibilities of the role will include:
- providing supervision and guidance to team members and ensure they have the capability to accomplish team goals
- maintaining a case load as allocated by the Regional Manager, this will involve developing goal orientated case plans in line with specific needs of clients; case plan reviews and providing other support to clients as needed e.g. counselling etc.
- providing reports as required by the Regional Manager
- be actively involved in continuous quality improvement activities e.g. accreditation, review of policies and procedures
- building and maintaining relationships with internal and stakeholders that work with the service.
This role will report to the Regional Manager, Homelessness and Housing Services and Community Inclusion (North East/North West). You can find the full list of responsibilities and accountabilities in the the attached Position Description.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Relevant tertiary qualification/s in Social Work/Social Science/Community Welfare or other relevant field or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated experience in case management or outreach service delivery experience in the homelessness sector.
- Possess good negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Experience in supervisory role and understanding of administrative, accountability and data management processes.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with an ability to relate positively and confidently with a wide range of people.
- An ability and commitment to maintain an ethical, non-judgmental, attitude towards clients and staff.
- Sound knowledge of WH&S legislation as it relates to the workplace.
- Knowledge of child protection issues, legislation and requirements.
- Sound knowledge of the housing and community services sector.
- Proficiency with computers and industry-related software is required.
- NSW driver licence and ability to travel.
Come and join our team!
We believe our employees are key to our success and in return we offer:
- Job satisfaction working as part of a team making a difference to people’s lives in an organisation that cares about people.
- Generous salary packaging benefits to employees where a portion of take-home pay is tax-free.
- In addition to excellent learning and development opportunities, as a large purpose driven organisation we provide potential to grow your career across a range of teams and services.
- Supportive, friendly and values driven team environment and culture.
Prior to an offer of employment, preferred candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks including reference checks, a Police check, Working with Children check, Health Declaration and/or a medical check, Right to work in Australia check. The Society is committed to being a Child Safe organisation, further information can be found in the Society’s commitment to Safeguarding Children & Young People.
If you have questions about this role, please email to Linda Williams (Regional Manager) on email@example.com, quote: Team Leader, Fred's Place Tweed Heads /VIN2254.
Applications close at 11 pm on 12 April 2021
Please submit your application online - attach your Resume and cover letter with your responses to the Role-specific Criteria outlined in the Position Description.
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. The Society strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature aged applicants.