Support Worker - Production
- Permanent, full-time and part-time roles available:
- Full-time x5
- Part-time 25 hours per week x2
- Part-time 30 hours per week x1
- Based at Ozanam Industries in Stanmore
- If you like working with people and you’re interested in giving back to the community, this job is for you!
- Work with our team that is committed to enhancing the lives of people with a disability.
- Generous salary packaging benefits available
What we do
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services and has been assisting people experiencing disadvantage in NSW for more than 130 years. Our people reach out to the most vulnerable in our community through our Conferences, Special Works and Vinnies shops. The Society’s mission is to shape a more just and compassionate society by offering a ‘hand up’ approach to people in need respecting their dignity, sharing our hope and encouraging them to take control of their own destiny.
About Ozanam Industries
Ozanam Industries provide employment opportunities for people with disability; specialising in mail fulfilment and general packaging work. With its 40 years of experience in generating employment for people with disability, Ozanam Industries has well and truly proven its commitment to enhancing the lives of people with disability through supporting the development of relevant work skills and individual self-confidence, and enabling their inclusion in the community.
Your role will be to provide on the job training, coaching and mentoring for people with disability (or supported employees) working at our production site in Stanmore. You will have a good insight of individual needs and have sufficient flexibility in developing their on the job training and coaching strategies to be able to bring out the best of each of our supported employees. Whilst there will be challenges, the rewards you will gain is also great as you will be instrumental to the supported employees achieving their employment goals and developing real skills.
Your new role will include:
- implementing supported employee's individual development plans, this will involve providing on the job training, support and coaching
- collaborating with colleagues to maximise production workflow
- collecting data relating to the progress of each supported employee, and recording changes in their capabilities and productivity.
This role will report to the Production Coordinator, Stanmore. You can find more information on the role's accountabilities and responsibilities in the the attached Position Description.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Minimum certificate IV in Human Services Sector or equivalent or a willingness to obtain alongside experience in the disability services sector, packaging or related field.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Ability to use sound judgement and respond appropriately in complex work environments
- Demonstrated ability to use client database and Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel and Outlook etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to work with, and be sensitive to, the needs of supported employees.
- Demonstrated experience with developing and maintaining quality control procedures and ability to adapt these skills to existing Vinnies Services policies and procedures.
- Effective communication skills, with the ability to communicate with internal and external stakeholders from a range of backgrounds, needs and experiences, as well as the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- NDIS New Worker Screening and the Certificate of completion for The NDIS Worker Orientation Module – Quality, Safety & You or willingness to obtain Certificate of completion.
Come and join our team!
We believe our employees are key to our success and in return we offer:
- Job satisfaction working as part of a team making a difference to people’s lives in an organisation that cares about people.
- Generous salary packaging benefits to employees where a portion of take-home pay is tax-free.
- In addition to excellent learning and development opportunities, as a large purpose driven organisation we provide potential to grow your career across a range of teams and services.
- Supportive, friendly and values driven team environment and culture.
Prior to an offer of employment, preferred candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks including reference checks, a Police check, Working with Children check, Health Declaration and/or a medical check, Right to work in Australia check. The Society is committed to being a Child Safe organisation, further information can be found in the Society’s commitment to Safeguarding Children & Young People.
Additional requirements for the Disability Support Worker role include: the NDIS New Worker Screening - click here for information on how to apply online for NDIS Worker Check. You will also need a Certificate of completion for the NDIS Worker Orientation Module – Quality, Safety & You.
If you have questions about this role, please email to Daphne Drew (Manager, ADE) email@example.com, quote: Support Worker - Production (Stanmore) /VIN2262.
Applications close at 11 pm on 25th April 2021
Please submit your application online, attach your Resume and responses to the Role-specific criteria outlined in the Position Description.
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. The Society strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature aged applicants.