Store Person ADE
- Permanent, full-time
- Based at Ozanam Industries in Stanmore
- Current Forklift License is required
- Work with our team that is committed to enhancing the lives of people with a disability
- A hands-on role that will allow you to maximally utilise your warehousing skills
- Generous salary packaging benefits
What we do
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services and has been assisting people experiencing disadvantage in NSW for more than 130 years. Our people reach out to the most vulnerable in our community through our Conferences, Special Works and Vinnies shops. The Society’s mission is to shape a more just and compassionate society by offering a ‘hand up’ approach to people in need respecting their dignity, sharing our hope and encouraging them to take control of their own destiny.
About Ozanam Industries
Ozanam Industries provide employment opportunities for people with disability, specialising in mail fulfilment and general packaging work. With its 40 years of experience in generating employment for people with disability, Ozanam Industries have well and truly proven its commitment to enhancing the lives of people with disability through supporting the development of relevant work skills and individual self-confidence, and enabling their inclusion in the community.
The Store Person is responsible for ensuring smooth operation within the warehouse and efficient coordination with the production floor at the Stanmore site. Your demonstrated experience and skills in warehousing / stock management (including inventory control), good coordination skills and self-driven attitude are crucial to being successful in this role.
The Store Person ADE role will:
- coordinate stock and warehouse logistics
- assist with receiving duties such as unpacking of orders, checking off goods and transacting into system, labelling and storage of orders
- effective, timely and accurate distribution of goods in and out of our warehouse, including loading of trucks
- operate machinery in accordance with safe operating procedures
- ensure accurate documentation and inventory management, report maintenance requires in a timely manner
- ensure maintenance of a clean and safe work environment
- effectively work with people with disability to build their capacity in the workplace .
This role will report to the Manager, Operations Metro ADE. You can find more information on the role's accountabilities and responsibilities in the the attached Position Description.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated experience managing stock, stock rotation and documentation requirements (inventory control and management)
- Demonstrated organisational skills and solid time management skills
- License to operate a Forklift
- Sound communication skills
- Demonstrated computer literacy skills
- NDIS New Worker Screening and the Certificate of completion for The NDIS Worker Orientation Module – Quality, Safety & You or willingness to obtain Certificate of completion.
Come and join our team!
We believe our employees are key to our success and in return we offer:
- Job satisfaction working as part of a team making a difference to people’s lives in an organisation that cares about people.
- Generous salary packaging benefits to employees where a portion of take-home pay is tax-free.
- In addition to excellent learning and development opportunities, as a large purpose driven organisation we provide potential to grow your career across a range of teams and services.
- Supportive, friendly and values driven team environment and culture.
Prior to an offer of employment, preferred candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks including reference checks, a Police check, Working with Children check, Health Declaration and/or a medical check, Right to work in Australia check. The Society is committed to being a Child Safe organisation, further information can be found in the Society’s commitment to Safeguarding Children & Young People.
Additional requirements for the Store Person ADE role include: the NDIS New Worker Screening - click here for information on how to apply online for NDIS Worker Check. You will also need a Certificate of completion for the NDIS Worker Orientation Module – Quality, Safety & You.
If you have questions about this role, please email to Daphne Drew (Manager, ADE) email@example.com, quote: Store Person ADE Stanmore /VIN2263.
Applications close at 11 pm on 18 April 2021
Please submit your application online, attach your Resume and responses to the Role-specific criteria outlined in the Position Description.
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. The Society strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature aged applicants.