Manager, Volunteer Experience
- Permanent, full time 38 hours per week
- Base location: Lewisham, flexibility to work within any of the Society’s main regional offices across NSW
- Current NSW Driver Licence is required
- Generous salary packaging benefits
What we do
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services and has been assisting people experiencing disadvantage in NSW for more than 130 years. Our people reach out to the most vulnerable in our community through our Conferences, Special Works and Vinnies shops. The Society’s mission is to shape a more just and compassionate society by offering a ‘hands up’ approach to people in need respecting their dignity, sharing our hope and encouraging them to take control of their own destiny.
About The Role
In this critical role as the Manager, Volunteer Experience you will be required to lead the development of volunteer strategy. The role leads a team of 3 direct reports.
Key responsibilities include:
• Develop and implement a volunteer attraction and retention strategy that positions the Society as a centre of excellence for volunteering and expands the volunteer base.
• Engage with Regional Directors to understand current and future local volunteer needs aligned with service requirements (including Care & Assistance Services, Vinnies Services and Commercial Enterprises).
• Identify and provide a broad range of integrated volunteering opportunities within our service lines that will meet service needs and provide enriching volunteer opportunities for people from diverse backgrounds and circumstances.
• Develop systems, processes and tools that support best practice volunteer management and promote access and inclusion to volunteering activities.
• Ensure that volunteer learning and development needs are identified and utilise blended learning approaches to support their effective orientation and ongoing growth and capability development.
• Ensure that effective risk management protocols and procedures are in place to ensure compliance with legal, employment and governance requirements.
This role reports to the Executive Director, Membership, Volunteers and Regional Operations. Please click here for a copy of the Position Description.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Relevant tertiary qualification/s in human services or social work or equivalent experience working in the volunteer engagement related sectors; social services or related sectors
- Demonstrated ability to review and analyse data to enable effective reporting to executives
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement volunteer attraction and engagement strategies
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills across a range of mediums.
- Proven project management skills and the ability to manage competing priorities.
- NSW driver licence
Come and join our team!
We believe our employees are key to our success and in return we offer:
- Job satisfaction working as part of a team making a difference to people’s lives in an organisation that cares about people.
- Generous salary packaging benefits to employees where a portion of take-home pay is tax-free.
- In addition to excellent learning and development programs, as a large purpose driven organisation we provide opportunities to grow your career across a range of teams and services.
- Supportive, friendly and values driven team environment and culture.
Prior to an offer of employment, preferred candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks including reference checks, a Police check, Working with Children check, Health Declaration and/or a medical check, Right to work in Australia check. The Society is committed to being a Child Safe organisation, further information can be found in the Society’s commitment to Safeguarding Children & Young People.
If you have questions about this role, please contact Yvette Husseyin email@example.com quoting: Manager, Volunteer Experience/VIN2266
Please click here for Information on how to apply.
Applications close at COB 15th April 2021.
Please submit your application online, attach your Resume, your responses to the Role-specific criteria and relate these and the role responsibilities to the Society Critical Capabilities outlined under the Essential Criteria on the attached Position Description.
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. The Society strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature aged applicants.