Casual Shop Assistant - Waverley and Maroubra
An exciting opportunity now exists to join Australia’s number one destination for affordable and pre-loved items – Vinnies shops.
- Casual, work as needed.
- Vinnies shop - Waverley and Maroubra; work in other locations as may be needed
Retail and Distribution Enterprise Agreement 2015, Team Member Grade 1 - $23.80 per hour
What we do
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services and has been assisting people experiencing disadvantage in NSW for more than 130 years. Our people reach out to the most vulnerable in our community through our Conferences, Special Works and Vinnies shops. The Society’s mission is to shape a more just and compassionate society by offering a ‘hands up’ approach to people in need respecting their dignity, sharing our hope and encouraging them to take control of their own destiny.
About our Shops
Vinnies operates a network of 250 op shops across NSW. Vinnies Shops are run by dedicated volunteers and employees, and offer value for money prices on a range of pre-loved goods, they also directly assist people experiencing disadvantage through the donation of furniture, clothing and household goods. Profits from the sale of goods go back into the community, funding our services and programs.
We are looking for great employees with retail experience to assist with with the daily operation of the store and to provide efficient customer service.
The Shop Assistant's responsibilities will include:
- Stock and merchandise sales floor: assist in replenishing items on the floor when they get low, this task can involve lifting and carrying items short distances; keep the floor organized according to Vinnies visual merchandising standards.
- Pricing of stock: assist in pricing items according to Vinnies pricing guidelines
- Store Opening and Closing Tasks: carry out a range of housekeeping tasks such as cleaning windows and floors, and organising items displayed on the sales floor and on shop windows.
- Provide excellent customer service: actively listen to customers and people we assist to identify their needs; utilise your product knowledge to offer solutions to customer inquiries or issues.
The role will report to the Store Manager. Please click here for a copy of the Position Description.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Demonstrated experience in a retail store or customer service environment.
- Demonstrated ‘Customer-centric’ approach.
- Flexibility to work weekends and extended opening hours as required.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to provide outstanding customer service.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Willingness to work with financial targets and budgets.
- The ability to ensure stock levels are maintained and stock is sorted, priced and presented to high standard.
Come and join our team!
We believe our employees are key to our success and in return we offer:
- Job satisfaction working as part of a team making a difference to people’s lives in an organisation that cares about people.
- Generous salary packaging benefits to employees where a portion of take-home pay is tax-free.
- In addition to excellent learning and development opportunities, as a large purpose driven organisation we provide the potential to grow your career across a range of teams and services.
- Supportive, friendly and values driven team environment and culture.
Prior to an offer of employment, preferred candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks including reference checks, a Police check, Working with Children check, Health Declaration and/or a medical check, Right to work in Australia check. The Society is committed to being a Child Safe organisation, further information can be found in the Society’s commitment to Safeguarding Children & Young People.
If you have any questions about this role, please email to Paula McCormack (Area Manager) on firstname.lastname@example.org quote: Shop Assistant - Waverley and Maroubra/ VIN2316.
Applications will close at 11 pm on 11 May 2021
Please submit your application online - attach your CV and answer the screening questions below.
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. The Society strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature aged applicants.