Casual Registered Nurse - Freeman House
- Casual, work as required
- Based at Freeman House, Armidale NSW
- Nurses Award, hourly rates based on Public Health System Nurses' and Midwives' (State) Award 2019; range from $32.37 to $45.45 (plus casual loading where applicable) depending on qualifications and experience
- Current registration with AHPRA
- People from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background are encouraged to apply
What we do
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services and has been assisting people experiencing disadvantage in NSW for more than 130 years. Our people reach out to the most vulnerable in our community through our Conferences, Special Works and Vinnies shops. The Society’s mission is to shape a more just and compassionate society by offering a ‘hand up’ approach to people in need respecting their dignity, sharing our hope and encouraging them to take control of their own destiny.
This position is in the Vinnies Services directorate and is part of the Health team that is responsible for state-wide management of excellent health services. The Registered Nurse will deliver high quality nursing care including detoxification support to clients experiencing alcohol and other drug dependence and/or mental health issues.
The role will:
- identify client needs; assess, plan and deliver holistic quality nursing care in accordance with competency standards
- supervise and mentor staff with medication assistance responsibilities
- document client care accurately, maintain electronic health records following prescribed system; monitor drug records of clients
- coordinate appropriate health services, maintain working relationships with medical practitioners and chemists as needed in delivering services
- ensure continuity of care through coordination and open communication/consultation with clients, other team members at Freeman House, and external health care services.
This role will report to the Team Leader, Clinic and Detox - Freeman House. Please refer to the attached Position Description for more information.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Registered General Nurse with a minimum of 3 years clinical experience in a generalist setting.
- Current registration as a Registered Nurse with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Capacity to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with clients, staff, management and external agencies.
- Interest in and understanding of issues relating to homelessness and substance dependence/mental health.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Comprehensive clinical knowledge, particularly to alcohol and other drug dependency.
- Understanding of and commitment to continuous quality improvements.
- Interest in and understanding of issues relating to homelessness and alcohol and other drug dependence/mental health.
- Ability to prioritise and manage workloads according to client needs.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional and appropriate relationships with residents and/or their families/representatives.
- Demonstrated commitment to maintaining confidentiality.
- Commitment to ongoing professional development.
- Demonstrated capacity to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Basic computer skills and proven ability to use health information systems.
Come and join our team!
We believe our employees are key to our success and in return we offer:
- Job satisfaction working as part of a team making a difference to people’s lives in an organisation that cares about people.
- In addition to excellent learning and development opportunities, as a large purpose driven organisation we provide the potential to grow your career across a range of teams and services.
- Supportive, friendly and values driven team environment and culture.
Prior to an offer of employment, preferred candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks including reference checks, a Police check, Working with Children check, Health
Declaration and/or a medical check, Right to work in Australia check. The Society is committed to being a Child Safe organisation, further information can be found in the
Society’s commitment to Safeguarding Children & Young People.
If you have questions about this role, please email to Emma Zirkler (Team Leader) on firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting: Casual Registered Nurse (Freeman House)/VIN2318.
Applications close at 11 pm on 26 May 2021
Please submit your application online, attach your Resume and cover letter with your responses to the Role-specific Criteria outlined in the Position Description.
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. The Society strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature aged applicants.