Casual Shop Assistant - Online Shopping
- Support the Vinnies eBay store
- Experienced Shop Assistant with a flair for on line selling/shopping
- Flexibility to work at the Distribution Centre in Auburn
- Retail and Distribution Enterprise Agreement 2015, Team Member Grade 1 - $23.80 per hour plus casual loading where applicable
What we do
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services and has been assisting people experiencing disadvantage in NSW for more than 130 years. Our people reach out to the most vulnerable in our community through our Conferences, Special Works and Vinnies shops. The Society’s mission is to shape a more just and compassionate society by offering a ‘hand up’ approach to people in need respecting their dignity, sharing our hope and encouraging them to take control of their own destiny.
About our Shops
Vinnies operates a network of 250 op shops across NSW. Vinnies Shops are run by dedicated volunteers and employees, and offer value for money prices on a range of pre-loved goods, they also directly assist people experiencing disadvantage through the donation of furniture, clothing and household goods. Profits from the sale of goods go back into the community, funding our services and programs.
We are looking for a great employee with retail experience to assist with the daily operation of the store and to provide efficient customer service. Vinnies has recently joined the eBay Store to make shopping for good quality, pre-loved designer clothing, accessories & collectibles as easy as a click of a button. In addition to assisting customers in-store, you will be assisting with the administration of the Vinnies online eBay store and occasionally work in one of our stores as a casual team member. Days and time committed to assisting the online store are Tuesdays, Thursdays and/or Fridays, from 9 am to 2 pm.
You will be instrumental to the success of Vinnies' eBay store. To make this happen, Vinnies will rely on your keen eye for details, good knowledge of quality products and brands, superb presentation skills and drive to provide customers with the best online shopping experience possible. You will work at our warehouse located in Auburn, NSW where you will have access to a wide range of stock.
Your new role will involve:
- selecting quality items from available stock
- taking photos of selected items; uploading photos and creatively presenting items online
- pricing selected items according to Vinnies pricing guidelines
- monitoring and processing sales orders, including arranging shipment within prescribed timeframe
- promptly replying to customer online enquiries and ensuring customer satisfaction is achieved
- receiving returned orders and processing refunds in a timely manner.
The role will report to the Retail Area Manager. Please click here for a copy of the Position Description for more information about this role.
To be a successful Shop Assistant, you will have:
- Demonstrated experience in a retail store or customer service environment
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Excellent communications and customer service skills
- Willingness to work with financial targets and budgets
- Ability to ensure stock levels are maintained, priced and presented to high standard.
In addition to the above, you will also have:
- Confidence in using technology such as laptop and mobile devices
- Interest and willingness to learn online systems
- A good understanding of how eBay or other eCommerce stores are best used for shopping and selling
- Flair for styling and for taking great photos
- Availability to work on either Tuesday, Thursdays and/or Fridays
Come and join our team!
We believe our employees are key to our success and in return we offer:
- Job satisfaction working as part of a team making a difference to people’s lives in an organisation that cares about people.
- In addition to excellent learning and development opportunities, as a large purpose driven organisation we provide the potential to grow your career across a range of teams and services.
- Supportive, friendly and values driven team environment and culture.
Prior to an offer of employment, preferred candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks including reference checks, a Police check, Working with Children check, Health Declaration and/or a medical check, Right to work in Australia check. The Society is committed to being a Child Safe organisation, further information can be found in the Society’s commitment to Safeguarding Children & Young People.
If you have any questions about this role, please email to Gemma Presley (Area Manager) on firstname.lastname@example.org quote: Casual Shop Assistant - Online Shopping / VIN2326.
Applications will close at 11 pm on 22 June 2021
Please submit your application online - attach your CV and answer the screening questions below.
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. The Society strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature aged applicants.