Support Worker - Disability and Inclusion
- A number of casual positions are available at our Disability and Inclusion Services in Coonamble, NSW
SCHCADS Award, Level 3, hourly rates range from $31.75 to $34.04, depending on qualifications/experience. Casual roles are paid casual loading where applicable.
What we do
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services and has been assisting people experiencing disadvantage in NSW for more than 130 years. Our people reach out to the most vulnerable in our community through our Conferences, Special Works and Vinnies shops. The Society’s mission is to shape a more just and compassionate society by offering a ‘hand up’ approach to people in need respecting their dignity, sharing our hope and encouraging them to take control of their own destiny.
About the Service
Vinnies NSW is a registered NDIS disability service provider specialising in providing exceptional care and support to people with a disability. We are committed to empowering each of our clients to live as independently as they choose and work diligently behind the scenes to ensure our clients receive exceptional customer service.
The core focus of this role is to provide quality, flexible and customised service designed for people living with a disability. An effective Support Worker will have a reliable and caring nature and a good understanding of the needs of people with a disability. Male support workers are encouraged to apply for these positions.
Responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- providing support to people with disabilities in the areas such as personal care, health and well-being, accessing the local community, learning independent living skills and implementation of all supports in accordance to their funded support needs
- working with participants to increase capacity, independence, and community connections
- maintaining client records, data collection and reports in a professional manner as per service policy.
This role will report to the Team Leader. Please click here for a copy of the Position Description.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Certificate III in Disabilities or equivalent;
- Demonstrated experience in the delivery of person-centred services to clients, including customer services skills.
- Experience with or understanding of maintaining records of service delivery, or ability to acquire the knowledge.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- High-level interpersonal skills, including the ability to work in a multifunctional team and to interact with a broad cross-section of people.
- Certificate of completion for The NDIS Worker Orientation Module – Quality, Safety & You or willingness to obtain Certificate of completion.
- NDIS New Worker Screening
Come and join our team!
We believe our employees are key to our success and in return we offer:
- Job satisfaction working as part of a team making a difference to people’s lives in an organisation that cares about people.
- In addition to excellent learning and development opportunities, as a large purpose driven organisation we provide potential to grow your career across a range of teams and services.
- Supportive, friendly and values driven team environment and culture.
Prior to an offer of employment, preferred candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks including reference checks, a Police check, Working with Children check, Health Declaration and/or a medical check, Right to work in Australia check. The Society is committed to being a Child Safe organisation, further information can be found in the Society’s commitment to Safeguarding Children & Young People.
Additional requirements for the Disability Support Worker role include: the NDIS New Worker Screening - click here for information on how to apply online for NDIS Worker Check. You will also need a Certificate of completion for the NDIS Worker Orientation Module – Quality, Safety & You.
If you have questions about this role, please email Cathy Paton (Cluster Manager, Accommodation Services, Disability & Inclusion) on firstname.lastname@example.org, quote: Casual Support Worker - Disability and Inclusion, Coonamble / VIN2347.
Please click here for Information on how to apply.
Applications close at 11:00 pm on 20 June 2021
Please submit your application - attach your Resume and your responses to the role-specific criteria outlined in the Position Description.
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. The Society strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature aged applicants.