- Permanent, full-time
- Requires flexibility to work on an on-call basis; may involve occasional shift coverage
- Based at Vincentian House in Surry Hills NSW; travel may be required to meet client needs
- Join a highly dedicated and motivated team focused on providing quality care to women and families experiencing homelessness and are accessing crisis accommodation.
- The ideal candidate for this role will have experience in managing staff and front line service delivery
Generous salary packaging benefits
What we do
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services and has been assisting people experiencing disadvantage in NSW for more than 130 years. Our people reach out to the most vulnerable in our community through our Conferences, Special Works and Vinnies shops. The Society’s mission is to shape a more just and compassionate society by offering a ‘hand up’ approach to people in need respecting their dignity, sharing our hope and encouraging them to take control of their own destiny.
About the Service
The Vincentian House is part of the Homelessness and Housing team that is responsible for state-wide management of excellent homelessness and housing services. Vincentian House provides assistance to women and families at risk of and experiencing homelessness, including provision of a 24/7 Specialist Homelessness Service and Supported Temporary Accommodation program for families and unaccompanied women based in inner Sydney.
The Accommodation Manager is responsible for the leadership and management of the day to day operations of two highly regarded services - Vincentian House. You will be leading the team that include the Team Leader, Support Workers, and Tenancy Facilitators. You will have good people management skills and be highly motivated to achieve continuous excellence in service delivery.
The role will:
- oversee all aspects of onsite accommodation services, including: room allocation, entry and exit inventories and condition reports; inspections and all reporting requirements
- provide guidance and support to the team, ensure that they have the capability to achieve their individual work goals and have opportunities for professional growth/development
- oversee service programs that are relevant to Vincentian House including KEEP and Support Temporary Accommodation Program; and work with external and internal partnerships to ensure effective delivery of all programs
- monitor maintenance requirements at the site, work closely with the Facilities team for property maintenance needs
- Apply for grants per organisation goals, objectives and processes; work closely with funding providers including Family and Community Services, corporate partners, various philanthropic organisations and benefactors to ensure programs and service delivery meets targets, expectations and contracted requirements.
The Accommodation Manager will report to the Regional Manager – Supported Accommodation and Case Management. Please click here for a copy of the Position Description.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Relevant tertiary qualification/s in service delivery area, including social work, psychology or related community sector areas.
- Demonstrated experience in case management or outreach service delivery management experience in the homelessness sector.
- Capacity to work on an on-call basis and support crisis staff in front line service provision.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Substantial experience in staff management within a complex service environment.
- Previous experience working with complex, challenging clients.
- Understanding of equitable and effective principles in rostering in ensuring appropriate staffing.
- Excellent communication, collaborative and conflict resolution skills.
- An awareness of the issues impacting upon people experiencing homelessness.
- Experience in financial and administrative management (including budget preparation & reconciliation).
- NSW driver licence and ability to travel.
Come and join our team!
We believe our employees are key to our success and in return we offer:
- Job satisfaction working as part of a team making a difference to people’s lives in an organisation that cares about people.
- Generous salary packaging benefits to employees where a portion of take-home pay is tax-free.
- In addition to excellent learning and development programs, as a large purpose driven organisation we provide opportunities to grow your career across a range of teams and services.
- Supportive, friendly and values driven team environment and culture.
Prior to an offer of employment, preferred candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks including a Police check, Working with Children check, Health Declaration and/or a medical check and right to work in Australia. The Society is committed to being a Child Safe organisation, further information can be found in the Society’s commitment to Safeguarding Children & Young People.
If you have questions about this role, please email to Shane Jarrett (Regional Manager – Supported Accommodation and Case Management) email@example.com, quoting: Accommodation Manager - Vincentian House/VIN2353.
For information on how to apply online, please click here Information on how to apply.
Applications close at 11:00 pm on 12 June 2021
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. The Society strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature aged applicants.