Case Worker - New England AOD Outreach Program
- Maximum term to 30 June 2022, full-time
- Based in Tamworth, NSW; involves regular travel within the New England LGA
- Requires current NSW Driver Licence
- SCHCADS Level 4, hourly rates range from $36.62 to $39.52 commensurate with qualifications and experience
What we do
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services and has been assisting people experiencing disadvantage in NSW for more than 130 years. Our people reach out to the most vulnerable in our community through our Conferences, Special Works and Vinnies shops. The Society’s mission is to shape a more just and compassionate society by offering a ‘hand up’ approach to people in need respecting their dignity, sharing our hope and encouraging them to take control of their own destiny.
About the Directorate
This position is in the Vinnies Services Directorate and is part of the Health Services Team that is responsible for state-wide management of excellent health services.
The Case Worker - New England Alcohol and Other Drug (AOD) Outreach Program will provide high quality case management support to clients experiencing substance use and dependence. Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- undertaking case management tasks in accordance with the Society's AOD Model of Care and includes developing evidence-based treatment plans and engaging in case management and AOD interventions and supports
- working in partnership with broader health services e.g. mental health services and other primary health clinicians, Aboriginal medical services
- engaging in case review processes with team and individually with the Team Leader
- maintaining accurate client records, case notes and other data as required.
This role will report to the Team Leader, Health - Rosalie House and New England AOD Outreach. You can find more information about this role on the the attached Position Description.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Relevant qualification/s, e.g. Certificate IV or Diploma in Alcohol and Other Drugs or other Community Services field, or approved counselling / welfare / psychology equivalent or working towards same.
- Demonstrated experience in managing a case load and case planning, including with persons with complex needs (e.g. co-occurring drug and alcohol issues along with homelessness, mental health, contact with criminal justice system).
- Demonstrated ability to work therapeutically with clients (e.g. provide therapeutic interventions).
- Willingness to work within the established New England AOD Outreach Program, the Society’s AOD Model of Care and the Society’s Client-centred Service Delivery Model.
- Knowledge of, and an ability to access, a range of relevant community resources.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct self in a professional, ethical and non-judgmental manner.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and to work independently and unsupervised.
- Basic computer literacy skills including experience in computerised data collection.
- NSW driver license.
Come and join our team!
We believe our employees are key to our success and in return we offer:
- Job satisfaction working as part of a team making a difference to people’s lives in an organisation that cares about people.
- Generous salary packaging benefits to employees where a portion of take-home pay is tax-free.
- In addition to excellent learning and development opportunities, as a large purpose driven organisation we provide potential to grow your career across a range of teams and services.
- Supportive, friendly and values driven team environment and culture.
Prior to an offer of employment, preferred candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks including reference checks, a Police check, Working with Children check, Health Declaration and/or a medical check, Right to work in Australia check. The Society is committed to being a Child Safe organisation, further information can be found in the Society’s commitment to Safeguarding Children & Young People.
If you have questions about this role, please email to Jessica Toole (Team Leader) on email@example.com, quote: Case Worker - New England AOD Outreach Program/VIN2370.
Applications close at 11 pm on 13 June 2021
Please submit your application online, attach your Resume and cover letter with your responses to the Role-specific Criteria outlined on the Position Description.
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. The Society strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature aged applicants.