Warehouse General / Production Hand - Return and Earn
- Casual Position - Based in Dubbo NSW
- Current Drivers & Forklift Licence
- Retail and Distribution Enterprise Agreement, Team Member Grade 2 - $25.22 per hour
- A vibrant environmental initiative; work with a small and committed team
What we do
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services and has been assisting people experiencing disadvantage in NSW for more than 130 years. Our people reach out to the most vulnerable in our community through our Conferences, Special Works and Vinnies shops. The Society’s mission is to shape a more just and compassionate society by offering a ‘hands up’ approach to people in need respecting their dignity, sharing our hope and encouraging them to take control of their own destiny.
The Dubbo Return & Earn depot is a Joint Venture (JV) between the St Vincent de Paul Society NSW and REDI.E – the Regional Enterprise Development Institute.
The Vinnies REDI.E JV has entered into a contract with Tomra/Cleanaway to provide container collection facilities and services as part of the state wide Container Deposit Scheme (CDS). The CDS, known as Return and Earn, is a State Government initiative to reduce the impact of drink container litter in the environment.
The Regional Enterprise Development Institute (REDI.E) is an Indigenous owned and managed organisation, proud to deliver employment, training and community services within the Murdi Paaki region and other parts of NSW. REDI.E exists to support its communities, by opening doors to opportunity, positive career pathways and economic development. REDI.E strives to create partnerships that will bring more industry to regions, ensuring their long term sustainability.
The Return and Earn depot is a centre for receiving bulk deposits of recyclable drink containers to be counted and sorted onsite using specialised equipment. The depot serves the local region in which it is based.
The Warehouse General/Production Hand will:
- Demonstrate good customer service in all dealings with customers
- Ensure customer’s needs are being met at all times with feedback and any complaints dealt with promptly and professionally
- Operate point of sale system for refund and sales transactions
- Support and implement directions from Supervisor regarding warehouse activities for collection and sorting of recyclable drink containers
- Operate equipment used for bulk sorting of recyclable drink containers in accordance with strict CDS Warehouse General/Production Hand July 2020 Page 2 instructions
- Assist with repairs, cleaning and maintenance of warehouse equipment
- Maintain housekeeping standards for a safe, clean and tidy warehouse
- Assist with the loading and unloading of goods delivered to/collected from the warehouse
- Use forklift to empty bins of sorted recyclable containers into bulk bins for transport
- Monitor general warehouse equipment and promptly refer faults for maintenance and repair
- Monitor the volume of recyclable containers held in bulk bins on site and seek collection/replacement as needed by contracted service partner
This role will report to the Manager, Vinnies Return and Earn. Please click here for a copy of the Position Description to view the full list of accountabilities and responsibilities.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to provide outstanding customer service
- Experience working within a warehouse and/or production environment
- Demonstrated ability to meet production requirements
- Capacity to perform manual tasks within a warehouse environment
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team and also independently
- Understanding of work, health and safety requirements within a warehouse environment
- Experience in using forklifts and be in possession of current Forklift Licence
- Willingness to uphold the ethos and mission of the Society
- Current Drivers Licence
Come and join our team!
We believe our employees are key to our success and in return we offer:
- Job satisfaction working as part of a team making a difference to people’s lives in an organisation that cares about people.
- Generous salary packaging benefits to employees where a portion of take-home pay is tax-free.
- In addition to excellent learning and development programs, as a large purpose driven organisation we provide opportunities to grow your career across a range of teams and services.
- Supportive, friendly and values driven team environment and culture.
Prior to an offer of employment, preferred candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks including reference checks, a Police check, Working with Children check, Health Declaration and/or a medical check, Right to work in Australia check. The Society is committed to being a Child Safe organisation, further information can be found in the Society’s commitment to Safeguarding Children & Young People.
If you have questions about this role, please email to Jon D'Astoli (Manager, Vinnies Return and Earn) at email@example.com quoting: Warehouse-general-production-hand-return-and-earn/ Dubbo VIN2377)
Applications close at 11:00 pm on 21 June 2021
Please submit your application online - attach your Resume and your responses to the Role-specific criteria outlined in the Position Description.
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. The Society strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature aged applicants.