Case Worker, Together Home - Sydney Metro
- Maximum term 22 months, full-time
- Full-time, must have willingness to work flexible hours
- Based in Woolloomooloo, involves travel to a range of Sydney Metro locations based on program needs
- Requires current NSW Driver Licence
- SCHCADS Award, Level 5
- Be part of a team that is passionate about assisting people experiencing homelessness or are at risk of homelessness
What we do
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services and has been assisting people experiencing disadvantage in NSW for more than 130 years. Our people reach out to the most vulnerable in our community through our Conferences, Special Works and Vinnies shops. The Society’s mission is to shape a more just and compassionate society by offering a ‘hand up’ approach to people in need respecting their dignity, sharing our hope and encouraging them to take control of their own destiny.
This position is in the Vinnies Services directorate and is part of the Homelessness and Housing team that is responsible for state-wide management of excellent homelessness and housing services.
The role is part of the Together Home Program funded through the Department of Communities and Justice and allocated through Bridge Housing. This program aims to house rough sleepers in a head leased private rental property and provide support to access relevant services to ensure clients are able to maintain their tenancy.
The Case Worker - Together Home will oversee the implementation and provision of support to tenancies with Community Housing Providers for the Together Home Program. Specialist casework support will include psycho-social support and other culturally appropriate services needed for clients. This role is vital to enabling clients maintain their tenancy and achieve other case plan goals.
The Together Home Case Worker role will:
- Provide case planning and management services to clients
- Ensure that clients receive the required support and services that they need to achieve the goals of the Together Home Program
- Purchase additional services and goods they are unable to provide as identified with the client from brokerage funding in line with the SHS Brokerage Guidelines
- Liaise with Community Housing Provider regarding tenancy issues that may arise
- Provide monthly and quarterly reports as required under the program.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Tertiary qualification/s or relevant experience human services, case management or community development.
- Highly developed communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills, and the ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with all people.
- Ability to apply a client-centred approach to service provision.
- Demonstrated ability to work with limited supervision, manage a variety of tasks and display personal drive and integrity.
- Flexibility, team work skills, and creative problem solving.
- IT competency, including the use of Microsoft Office programs.
- Willingness to work flexible hours and to travel to a range of locations in response to program needs.
- NSW driver licence.
Prior to an offer of employment, preferred candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks including a Police check, Working with Children check, Health Declaration and/or a medical check, right to work in Australia check. The Society is committed to being a Child Safe organisation, further information can be found in the Society’s commitment to Safeguarding Children & Young People.
If you have questions about this role, please email to Shane Jarrett (Regional Manager, Metro) on email@example.com, quote: Together Home Case Worker, Sydney Metro/VIN2380.
Applications close at 11 pm on 20 June 2021
Please submit your application online, attach your Resume and answer the screening questions below this job advertisement.
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. The Society strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature aged applicants.