Chief Information Security Officer (CISO)
Lewisham, flexible within any of the Society’s main metropolitan or regional offices across NSW.
Your opportunity to step into your first CISO role
Highly autonomous role with a breadth of programs to support
Competitive salary and benefits offered
What we do
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services and has been assisting people experiencing disadvantage in NSW for more than 130 years. Our people reach out to the most vulnerable in our community through our Conferences, Special Works and Vinnies shops. The Society’s mission is to shape a more just and compassionate society by offering a ‘hand up’ approach to people in need respecting their dignity, sharing our hope and encouraging them to take control of their own destiny
Do you have a strong technical background in cyber security? Are you looking for your next career step? Ready to move into a Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) role? As CISO for the Society you define and execute the cyber security strategy and manage a framework and governance to combat threats. Reporting to the CIO, you will work across Data, CRM, Cloud, networking and PMO teams to help deliver a broad program of services and strategic technology initiatives. You will also deliver expert advice to internal stakeholders from the Executive team down and have an opportunity to work autonomously.
You will be accountable for:
- Leading the development and implementation of cyber security strategies
- Developing, implementing and monitoring a Technology Risk and Security Framework and program
- Developing, implementing and communicating, along with Technology management, a Disaster Recovery Plan
- Implementing policy and strategy for the selection of solution architecture components,
- Analysing organisational cyber security issues including gaps in governance, risk, audit and compliance strategies and practices and developing solutions to ensure business, statutory and legislative obligations and standards are met
- Providing authoritative advice, oversight and a single point of coordination to ensure the Society’s cyber security risk, audit and compliance strategy is aligned with business objectives
- Providing subject matter expertise and strategic domain architectural services within the cybersecurity practice domain
Please click here for a copy of the Position Description, which provides the full role requirements.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Tertiary qualification/s in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field.
- Relevant certifications / qualifications for example, CISSP, Security+ and other vendor related security certifications.
- Strong background in working with Industry standards: e.g. NIST or ISO 27001 is preferred
- Must be capable of providing deep knowledge support for 3 or more information security technology skill sets:
- Access Control
- Application Security
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Planning
- Operations Security
- Security Architecture and Design
- Telecommunications and Network Security
- Good working knowledge of current IT risks and experience implementing security solutions.
- Experience implementing identity management or related technologies.
- Previous experience developing, implementing and monitoring of a strategic, comprehensive enterprise information security and IT risk management program
- Substantial private, hybrid and Azure Cloud development, implementation and operations experience.
- Substantial experience developing and implementing with Microsoft Azure, Azure AD, Windows and AD
- Substantial experience implementing Security strategies.
Come and join our team!
We believe our employees are key to our success and in return we offer:
- Job satisfaction working as part of a team making a difference to people’s lives in an organisation that cares about people.
- Generous salary packaging benefits to employees where a portion of take-home pay is tax-free.
- In addition to excellent learning and development opportunities, as a large purpose driven organisation we provide potential to grow your career across a range of teams and services.
- Supportive, friendly and values driven team environment and culture.
You will need a current Police Check, Working with Children Check and Right to Work in Australia. The Society is committed to being a Child Safe organisation, further information can be found in the Society’s commitment to Safeguarding Children & Young People.
If you have questions about this role, please email to Warren Havemann (CIO) at email@example.com, quote CISO /VIN2383.
Applications close at 11:00 pm on 22 June 2021
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. The Society strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature aged applicants.