- SCHCADS Award Level 3: hourly rates $40.68 - $43.62 +super (depending on experience)
- Great learning and development programs and clear pathways to internal progression.
- Opportunity to make a difference in a purpose-led organisation
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services, whose mission is to shape a more just and compassionate society.
We believe our employees are key to our success and offer Learning and Development programs to enhance and grow your career across a range of teams and services. Our staff are recognised for their achievements and are offered promotional opportunities on a meritocracy basis within a collegiate and values driven team environment and culture.
Your new role:
As a Support Worker, you will assist in the daily running of the site and provide a variety of support to clients at the site. You will work closely with the Case Workers in the implementation of the clients' case plans.
- assist the case management team in the implementation of case plans
- provide support in the different aspects of accommodation services, including orienting new clients, organising rooms, serving meals, general housekeeping; room inspection etc.
- assist/supervise a variety of activities and programs for clients
- maintain accurate and up-to-date records in all aspects of accommodation services provided to clients
- ensure that a welcoming, safe and secure environment is maintained at all times.
This role will report to the Team Leader, Accommodation.
To be successful, you will need:
- Appropriate Certificate or equivalent experience or currently undertaking tertiary study, in a related field.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to use sound judgement and act appropriately in crisis and emergency situations.
- Current first aid certificate.
- Ability to maintain an ethical, yet non-judgmental, attitude towards residents and staff, and commitment to this.
- Sound knowledge of WHS legislation as it relates to the workplace.
- Ability to work a rotating roster covering day, afternoon and sleepover shifts.
- It is a condition of employment that you comply with the Society’s Pandemic Policy - COVID-19 and Public Health Orders in order to work in or enter Society facilities. In accordance with our policy, you will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status or a valid medical exemption as part of the resourcing process.
If this sounds like you, don’t wait - apply now, we are interviewing applications as we receive them. Submit your application with a resume and cover letter which addresses the key requirements of the position Description.
If you have questions about this role, please email Candeda.Smith@vinnies.org.au quote: Casual Support Worker Nowra/ VIN2760
The Society is committed to being a Child Safe organisation, further information can be found in the Society’s commitment to Safeguarding Children & Young People. Prior to an offer of employment, candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks including a Police check & Working with Children check.
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. We take pride in the diversity of our people and encourage applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, people who identify as LGBTQIA, candidates of any or no religious beliefs and applicants of all ages.