Casual Retail Sales Assistant - East and South East Sydney
East and South East Sydney
- Grow your retail career at Vinnies
- Opportunity to learn new skills in a supportive environment
- Competitive casual rate, above General Retail Award
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services, whose mission it is to shape a more just and compassionate society. The Society recognises the value of an inclusive work environment and believes that our diversity is a strength in the work we do with our local communities.
Your new role:
New casual Retail Sales Assistants are needed at the flagship Vinnies stores in Waverley 2024, Maroubra 2035 and Paddington 2021; work in a dynamic and fun environment. You will perform a variety of tasks, there are lots of new things to learn. Your interest for fashion, great customer engagement skills and drive to achieve sales targets will make you a good fit for this role.
The Retail Sales Assistant will:
- Provide excellent customer service
- Ensure compliance with Vinnies policies and procedures
- Replenish stock on the sales floor
- Use your creative flair in assisting with visual merchandising
- Sort and price items according to Vinnies pricing guidelines
- Contribute to achieving sales targets of the store.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Flexibility and availability during weekends and peak times
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Energetic drive to support the team in achieving sales targets
- Understanding of fashion and trends
If this sounds like you, submit your application with your CV attached. Don't wait to apply - we are keen to fill the roles quickly and will interview suitable applications as we receive them.
The Society is committed to being a Child Safe organisation, further information can be found in the Society’s cosmitment to Safeguarding Children & Young People. Prior to an offer of employment, candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks including a Police check & Working with Children check.
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. We take pride in the diversity of our people and encourage applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, people who identify as LGBTQIA, candidates of any or no religious beliefs and applicants of all ages.
St Vincent de Paul (NSW) has a COVID- 19 vaccination policy that has identified this role as requiring a full COVID-19 vaccination. Medical exemptions with the NSW government contraindication form will be considered, subject to a satisfactory risk assessment.