Schools and Youth Engagement Coordinator
- Ideal for someone with great project implementation skills and keen interest/experience working with students and youth
- Workdays and hours are negotiable, work from home arrangement may be considered
- Not-for-Profit Salary Packaging Tax Free Benefits, increase your take home pay!
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services, whose mission it is to shape a more just and compassionate society - we truly care about what we do and the difference we make to people’s lives.
About the role:
Newly created permanent part-time 22.8 hrs/week role. As School and Youth Engagement Coordinator, you will implement projects vital to building and strengthening school and youth participation in the Society’s social justice and advocacy initiatives. The role will report to the Regional Director and involves collaborating with internal and external stakeholders. Your experience working with students and youth will be highly regarded.
- Actively collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure successful implementation of schools and youth engagement strategies
- Identify opportunities to increase attraction and participation of schools and youth members in the Society’s social justice and advocacy initiatives
- Contribute to the implementation of local fundraising initiatives and appeals
- Support the delivery of timely and relevant communications to stakeholders through utilisation of technology and social media.
To be successful, you will have:
- Passion and interest in working with children and young people
- Proven project coordination skills
- Demonstrated ability to engage with internal and external stakeholders
- Flexibility to work intermittently out of hours, including weekends and evening events
- Current NSW Driver Licence and capacity to travel within the region. Please note:
- Involves travel to areas covered by Bathurst Central Council, pool car is available
- Requires flexibility to work after hours or weekends for meetings as required
If this sounds like you, don't wait to apply - we are interviewing suitable applications as we receive them and move quickly to fill this role.
The Society is committed to being a Child Safe organisation, further information can be found in the Society’s commitment to Safeguarding Children & Young People. Prior to an offer of employment, candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks including a Police check & Working with Children check.
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. We take pride in the diversity of our people and encourage applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, people who identify as LGBTQIA, candidates of any or no religious beliefs and applicants of all ages.
St Vincent de Paul (NSW) has a COVID- 19 vaccination policy that has identified this role as requiring a full COVID-19 vaccination. Medical exemptions with the NSW government contraindication form will be considered, subject to a satisfactory risk assessment.