Warehouse Manager - Armidale
- Utilise your warehousing and people management skills to effectively operate a distribution centre
- Values driven opportunity
- Generous Salary Packaging Tax Free Benefits, increasing your take home pay!
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services, whose mission it is to shape a more just and compassionate society.
Regional Warehouse Manager will oversight a busy distribution centre in Armidale 2350. This being a hands-on role, you will be very much involved in the day-to-day activities including undertaking manual operations. You will manage teams of 5 permanent employees and 10 volunteers.
Your strong leadership skills, good understanding of warehouse production flow, ability to prepare route plans and set budgets are critical to this role. Your goal is to ensure maximum efficiency and productivity of the distribution centre.
In this role, you will:
- Lead staff members and volunteers – motivate, guide coach and train.
- Manage all activities relating to sorting, turnover and stock procurement; ensure emergency goods are always on adequate level at all times.
- Ensure the team at all times complies with standard and safe procedures for the sorting, storage and transportation of stock between stores, recycling and distribution facilities.
- Manual handling and hands on physical role
- On a regular basis, initiate actions and report on maintenance requirements for the facility, material handling equipment, vehicle etc.
- Implement security procedures for safeguarding the Society’s valuable resources.
Click here for Position Description
To be successful, you will need:
- Relevant tertiary qualification/s and significant experience in leading, managing and supporting a team.
- Experience in implementing financial management and procedures.
- Proven planning, multiple task management and coordination skills.
- Valid NSW driver licence.
If you have questions about this role, please email the State-wide Logistics Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org , quoting: Warehouse Manager, Armidale /VIN2861.
If this sounds like you, please apply now by submitting your application with a resume which addresses the key requirements listed in the Position Description.
The Society is committed to being a Child Safe organisation, further information can be found in the Society’s commitment to Safeguarding Children & Young People. Prior to an offer of employment, candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks including a Police check & Working with Children check.
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. We take pride in the diversity of our people and encourage applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, people who identify as LGBTQIA, candidates of any or no religious beliefs and applicants of all ages.
St Vincent de Paul (NSW) has a COVID- 19 vaccination policy that has identified this role as requiring a full COVID-19 vaccination. Medical exemptions with the NSW government contraindication form will be considered, subject to a satisfactory risk assessment.