Business Intelligence Data Developer
- Rare Opportunity to Make a Difference in a Purpose-Led Organisation
- Hybrid Way of Working – Work/Life Flexibility Options
- Not-for-Profit Salary Packaging Tax Free Benefits
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services, whose mission is to shape a more just and compassionate society. We believe our employees are key to our success. Our staff are recognised for their achievements and are offered promotional opportunities on a meritocracy basis and values driven team environment and culture.
Your New Role:
Our IT and Communications Technology team is seeking an experienced BI Data Developer, Full-Time on a 12-month contract. With the possibility of an extension or transitioning permanently after the term of the contract.
As the BI Data Developer, you will be a part of an agile team, working on the development, deployment, customisation, and integration of a data warehouse ensuring all solutions for Operational Data, Data Warehousing, Analytics, Reporting and Business Intelligence are built in a way that is scalable, reliable, and secure and supports rapid growth of information in an agile way.
The BI Data Developer will:
- Be a team player and a problem-solver.
- Customer-oriented approach.
- BI development skills including UI design, Data Model development, Metrics definition and development, standards definition, platform development, and post-release/operations management knowledge of Business Intelligence (BI) Platforms.
- Testing (System, Integration, UAT).
- Experience with Data Quality and Integrity Management.
- Experience developing cloud-ready applications based on open standards, network development and monitoring and cybersecurity.
- Experience Working in AGILE/SCRUM environment.
To be successful, you will need:
- Experience with development using the Microsoft Data/BI stack (PowerBI, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, MS SQL Server, Azure Data Factory, VSTS/DevOps etc.).
- Experience with SQL Administration.
- Experience with Data Modelling (physical, logical, 3NF and Star Schema).
- Experience with Data Warehousing / Data Mart development.
- Experience with TSQL Database Development.
- Relevant tertiary qualification/s in Information Technology or equivalent.
- Experience working in a membership-based organisation to support and empower members and volunteers.
- Power BI (or equivalent – Tableau, Qlik etc).
- Non-Profit / Charity Industry Experience.
- Experience working in a mature DevOps environment.
If this sounds like you, don’t wait - apply now, we are interviewing applications as we receive them. Submit your application with a resume, for more about the role, see Position Description. Our Recruitment process
If you have questions about this role, or require an easy read Position Description, please email Ricardo Sekermestrovic (Manager, Business Intelligence Data Platform) firstname.lastname@example.org , quoting BI Data Developer VIN 2866.
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) welcomes people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to engaging a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, people who identify as LGBTQIA+, candidates of any or no religious beliefs and applicants of all ages.
The Society is committed to being a Child Safe organisation, further information can be found in the Society’s commitment to Safeguarding Children & Young People. Prior to an offer of employment, candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks including a Police check & Working with Children check. A health / medical assessment may be required for some roles.
St Vincent de Paul (NSW) has a COVID- 19 vaccination policy that has identified this role as requiring a full COVID-19 vaccination. Medical exemptions with the NSW government contraindication form will be considered, subject to a satisfactory risk assessment.