Surry Hills - Vincentian House
- SCHCADS Award Level 3: $34.04 + super + salary packaging benefits.
- Generous NFP tax-free salary packaging benefits, increasing take-home pay
- A vital and rewarding role with ongoing learning & career development opportunities
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services, whose mission is to shape a more just and compassionate society.
We believe our employees are key to our success and offer Learning and Development programs to enhance and grow your career across a range of teams and services. Our staff are recognised for their achievements and are offered promotional opportunities on a meritocracy basis within a collegiate and values driven team environment and culture.
Your new role:
As a Support Worker, you will assist in the daily running of the site and provide a variety of support to clients at the site. You will work closely with the Case Workers in the implementation of the clients' case plans.
- assisting in the entry and assessment of new clients
- providing a safe and welcoming environment for clients who live at, or are accessing the service
- providing case work support as directed and in cooperation with Case Workers
- advocating for clients with external agencies on a needs basis
- undertaking a variety of tasks i.e. serving meals, supervising activities, transporting clients and other accommodation related tasks
- maintaining daily Communications Book and other documentation as required e.g. client records and case notes
To be successful, you will need:
- Appropriate Certificate or equivalent experience or currently undertaking tertiary study, in a related field.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to use sound judgement and act appropriately in crisis and emergency situations.
- Current first aid certificate.
- Ability to maintain an ethical, yet non-judgmental, attitude towards residents and staff, and commitment to this.
- Sound knowledge of WHS legislation as it relates to the workplace.
- Ability to work a rotating roster covering day, afternoon and sleepover shifts.
- Ability to work the below rotating roster: | Week 1: Tuesday- 700-1530, Wednesday- 700-1530, Friday 1500-2300 (sleepover till 7am) | Week 2: Tuesday- 1500-2300 (sleepover till 7am) , Wednesday- 1500-2300 (sleepover till 7am), Friday 1500-2300 (sleepover till 7am) |
If this sounds like you, don’t wait - apply now, we are interviewing applications as we receive them. Submit your application with a resume and cover letter which addresses the key requirements of the Position Description.
If you have questions about this role, please email Sanat on Sanat.Heweston@vinnies.org.au quote: Support Worker / VIN2874
St Vincent de Paul (NSW) has a COVID- 19 vaccination policy that has identified this role as requiring a full COVID-19 vaccination. Medical exemptions with the NSW government contraindication form will be considered, subject to a satisfactory risk assessment
he Society is committed to being a Child Safe organisation, further information can be found in the Society’s commitment to Safeguarding Children & Young People. Prior to an offer of employment, candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks including a Police check & Working with Children check.
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. We take pride in the diversity of our people and encourage applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, people who identify as LGBTQIA, candidates of any or no religious beliefs and applicants of all ages.