Senior Safety Partner
Flexible to work from any of our Vinnies offices.
Senior Safety Partner (CEFC)
- Be part of a dedicated team focused on building a culture that supports safety.
- Partner with the Vinnies community to build safety capability.
- Flexible work arrangements.
- Competitive salary + motor vehicle package + salary packaging tax-free benefits: increasing annual take-home pay.
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services, whose mission is to shape a more just and compassionate society.
We believe our employees are key to our success and offer Learning and Development programs to enhance and grow your career across a range of teams and services. The Society recognises the value of an inclusive work environment and believes that our diversity is a strength in the work we do within our local communities.
Your new role:
Amazing opportunity for an experienced safety professional to join Vinnies NSW, in this dynamic role reporting directly to the Director, Safety and Emergency Management. You will partner with local leaders to facilitate implementation of the Society’s safety management system across the Vinnies Commercial Enterprise, Fundraising and Communications Directorate, which spans all aspects of transport, warehousing, and logistics, a network of more than 200 retail stores, our container deposit scheme operations and major fundraising events including the CEO Winter Sleepout. You will also lead the development and implementation of an organisational-wide program to manage the critical risks related to warehousing, transport, and logistics.
More about the role:
- Drive initiatives to address safety risks related to transport, logistics and warehousing (i.e., driver safety, traffic management, forklift operations, use of industrial plant and equipment, manual handling and emergency management).
- Work with leaders across the organisation to facilitate the safety planning process and the implementation of action to improve safety performance.
- Conduct regular site visits to engage and collaborate with workers and leaders to problem solve and help address health, safety and wellbeing issues.
- Provide professional advice and coaching to support leaders and managers to establish effective consultation mechanisms, and conduct risk assessments, incident investigations and workplace inspections.
- Support local leaders with emergency planning and the routine testing of local emergency response plans.
- Design and deliver appropriate health, safety and wellbeing training and information to employees, members, and volunteers.
- Lead the investigation of high-potential consequence incidents and facilitate the communication of incident learnings across the organisation.
- Produce safety performance reports for the Vinnies Services Directorate and contribute to the development of the organisational reporting framework for safety.
- Develop audit tools and conduct regular audits of Vinnies Services Operations to monitor risk and legal compliance as part of the Safety Assurance Program.
More about you, you will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in work health and safety or a related field.
- Extensive practical experience in providing professional work health and safety advice, ideally in a transport, logistics, warehousing, or manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of relevant legislation, codes of practice, Australian Standards, and industry best practice relating to transport, logistics, warehousing, and retail operations.
- Demonstrated experience providing coaching and guidance to senior employees to enable them to lead cultural and behavioural change.
- Demonstrated experience conceptualising, developing, and implementing practical safety and compliance programs across a complex organisation.
- Experience conducting risk assessments, site inspections, audits, and serious incident investigations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including demonstrated experience presenting to groups, facilitating workshops, and chairing meetings.
- Drivers Licence & willingness to regularly travel to undertake site visits, deliver training, and provide safety support at metropolitan and regional locations across the state.
If you have questions about this role, please email Matthew Mitchell [Director, Safety and Emergency Management] email@example.com quoting: Senior Safety Partner CEFC/VIN2885
Apply now. Please attach your Resume with brief responses to the essential requirements listed in the Position Description.
St Vincent de Paul (NSW) has a COVID- 19 vaccination policy that has identified this role as requiring a full COVID-19 vaccination. Medical exemptions with the NSW government contraindication form will be considered, subject to a satisfactory risk assessment.
The Society is committed to being a Child Safe organisation, further information can be found in the Society’s commitment to Safeguarding Children & Young People. Prior to an offer of employment, candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks including a Police check & Working with Children check.
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. We take pride in the diversity of our people and encourage applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, people who identify as LGBTQIA, candidates of any or no religious beliefs and applicants of all